Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ever get a hairstyle that looks so good, it's 'the one' and then two days later you just CAN'T get it to work for you again?

That happened to me :eek: I started parting my bangs on the side a certain way, and dh thought was the 'jessica rabbit' look...so that thrilled me that he thought it was sexy...

but NOW what do I DO :eek:

Every time I try doing what I thought I did, it just gets stuck into the old way my hair used to part..just plain BLAH!!!

There is a good example of how I was doing it so maybe someone can help me get it back to that...i hope it links ok and everything:

http://www.hairdos.com/style/styleP...&cuttingedge=0&updo=0&casual=0&gender=0&sid=0

what happens now is the bang part sort of dissapears with the rest of my hair :eek: I wish I knew what I was doing before {snif snif}

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
That's a lovely style :)

It should be fairly easy to create with blow-drying and a hair product if your hair won't stay first of all.

The main sections are blow-dried under and to the side and the front section is dried under but bring that forward. If you use mousse, gel, wax, hairspray (whatever your hair takes best) it should train it to stay that way until it gets used to it.

Blow-drying is definately the key. You could use a hot-brush as well in the beginning (or tongs if you haven't got one - OR large rollers) it shouldn't take long.

Your hair always fights against a new style in the beginning, persever (sp?) and you should be fine!

Good Luck - I LOVE it!

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Very cute hairstyle but I don't have any advice for you!! I'm not great at doing my own :D I know you will get it working again for you soon and it will look great!! :D

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks heavensent! I'll try that this morning :)

Daphne don't be silly, you have great hair! :)

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I agree that it's in the blowdrying. My hair is side parted and I blowdry the very front first. I think the key for my style is blowdrying until completely dry. I don't use hairspray or mousse, but I do use straighteners and a round brush for drying.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts