Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:blind: I just caused my first accident - with no good cause whatsoever. I went home at lunch to pick up my cell phone because I'd forgotten it, and slowed and signalled to turn left into my driveway, and totally failed to see an oncoming truck. He said he initially thought I was stopping to wait for him to go by, and then looked at my eyes and thought "She has NO idea that I'm here!" so he braked and turned slightly to hit at a better angle. Visibility was good, neither of us was going fast, I was not distracted, I just looked straight at him and did not see him. Obviously, this will take a crunch out of my available funds, and I feel VERY lucky that neither of us was hurt, but I am also very shaken because there is nothing I can point at and say "This is what caused it and so if I change this then I won't have this kind of accident again." - and my Type-A personality really likes the delusion of being in control. So mostly, I'm just having a frazzled and distracted afternoon. Thanks for being there :blind:

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you. Thank goodness you're both okay. :hugz:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Edna, I am glad no one was hurt. My husband did this very thing pulled out in front of someone, no one was hurt that time either but he worried and worried what had happened and why he did this. He just had an accident, one of those stupid things that happens and he was blessed because no one was hurt. He counted his blessing and never did it again. It was like a warning to be extra careful.

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you but I am glad to both of you's are ok, :)

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
So glad you weren't hurt :hugz:

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Edna, I am glad no one was hurt in the accident. I also have to say that I understand how you feel about being frazzled. I also caused my first accident just a few weeks ago. We had just purchased a new truck for DH and only had it two weeks when I backed out of our driveway. I swear I never saw the oncoming car. I don't know how I missed it, but I did.

I guess that is why they call them accidents because we didn't do them on purpose. I am sure the insurance will take care of everything so you shouldn't have to worry. We have State Farm and we had no worries. They have already settled the claims for the other driver and our vehicles was fixed within a week.

Hang in there. :hug2:

·
Registered
503 Posts
Oh, I feel for you! You must still be shaking! We have tons of deer around here, and just the many near collisions I have with them thanks to their seemingly suicidal tendencies leave me shaking each time, and these are just deer, not people!

So sorry, my dear!

~Mary

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Edna glad u and the driver went hurt.
Thats what matters the most. hhuuugggssss
Sorry that it had to happen though and your insurance will go up.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and support. A friend drove me to work today, and another took me to get the parts to fix my car myself this weekend. I am still a little stiff and sore, but think just from tension (also had to go to a rosary for my next door neighbor last night). Am still uneasy about getting back in the saddle, but figured tomorrow I'll fix the car and then at least go for a short errand.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am glad that you and the other driver didn't get hurt. You must have been really scared, I hope your car gets fixed soon :hug2:.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I'm so sorry about the accident but so glad neither of you were hurt.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I am sorry this happened to you. It is always upsetting to have an accident. Very nerve racking.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks again for the sympathy. I am truly not hurt, and I assume the same is true of the other guy. I have to go to court either tomorrow or Monday. I'm thinking I'd rather get it over with if I can get away from work. My car is actually functional, with no repairs. My new-used car is not yet available, but should be as soon as he gets his new tags. Thanks again for your support.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts