Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mathieu my 13 yr. old son will be having VERY EARLY hours for school this year! He will be starting at 7h30 am and he will finish at 12h30. He gets no lunch break..he's got 4 coarses each day, with 10 minutes break in between.

He will be getting up at 5h30-5h45 am and taking the bus at 6h30 am! :eek:

Now that's early! The years before, his sceduale was from 9h00 am to 3h45 pm. I hope he won't find it too tough getting up so early each day.....

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lucie,
That is early. Why does the school have such early hours?

·
27,948 Posts
That is early but I bet he'll get used to it. He's going to enjoy having youall to himself in the early afternoon.:)

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Originally posted by Darlene
That is early but I bet he'll get used to it. He's going to enjoy having youall to himself in the early afternoon.:)
:yeah:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
That's the same starting time I had in high school-- and I am NOT a morning person, lol. I can remember blowdrying my hair with one hand and putting on makeup (funky blue eyeshadow, of course!) with the other-- while it was still dark outside! :)

I'm sure he'll get used to it soon. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot to say why...He's starting early because there is a new high school being built but it was not finished on time. It should be finished by january...so after that, he *should* be on a regular sceduale. So thye have a bunch of students in the morning and another in the afternoon.

In a way, I'm happy, because, like Darlene said, I will have Mathieu home with me early and it will be a previlaged time for him and me...He'll also be able to do his homework, quietly with no one making noise around the house.

We'll see how it goes. I hope he doesn't find it too hard. :)

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
:eek: I am not a morning person, so getting up that early is a scary thought! He'll probably do fine, though, and what a treat it will be when the "regular" hours start again! :)

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,041 Posts
Sounds like my school schedule this year...7:40-2:20. I'm sure he'll love having the afternoons with you!!!

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Get some good rest Mathieu ~ you're going to need it!! :D

·
Registered
5,500 Posts
I AM a morning person and I don't like to do those kinds of schedules either lol.

Hang in there Mathieu (and mom). I am sure the quiet during homework time would be wonderful. :)

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone. :) I told Mathieu and he was happy to know that you are encouraging him. :) ...Wow...so you too, Amy! I hope your school year goes well. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts