Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try to read most of the post daily. I have seen a bunch of references to thanksgiving and some people having to get a turkey for next week. Is there a different meaning here i am not getting. A family is celebrating thanksgiving meal this weekend. since my traditional thanksgiving was always like the 24th of NOV. is this like thanksgiving as different meaning. A big meal with the family, am i missing a chance to pig out. heaven forbid. a change to gobble up some turkey and dressing..

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
There are members on here that are from Canada and they celebrate Thanksgiving the second Monday in October. So that would be today. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL YOU CANADIANS.

·
27,948 Posts
Canadians are giving thanks for a bountiful harvest. :)
Happy Thanksgiving!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. i get it

Happy thanksgiving my northern buddies. I am sorry i was ignorant. Now i wish i had a turkey and some cornbread dressing. ok just give me the cornbread dressing. yum yum. and i hope everyone had a huge harvest and loaded the frezzers, pantries, and sold the rest and profited big time.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
THANKSGIVING

I try to read most of the post daily. I have seen a bunch of references to thanksgiving and some people having to get a turkey for next week. Is there a different meaning here i am not getting. A family is celebrating thanksgiving meal this weekend. since my traditional thanksgiving was always like the 24th of NOV. is this like thanksgiving as different meaning. A big meal with the family, am i missing a chance to pig out. heaven forbid. a change to gobble up some turkey and dressing..
CANADA MY FRIEND!!!!!!!:pilgrim:-I AM SURE THEY WOULDN'T MIND SHARING THEIR HOLIDAY..........

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Most people celebrated it today but for some its yesterday if you couldnt get today off with pay, its not a stat. holiday unless your in the gov. sector or have a great boss.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
Most people celebrated it today but for some its yesterday if you couldnt get today off with pay, its not a stat. holiday unless your in the gov. sector or have a great boss.
It's a statutory holiday in Ontario.

edit: Just looked it up, it is a stat holiday everywhere except Atlantic Canada. Although I don't ever remember having to work it when I was living in NS.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Being unaware and finding out is nothing to be ashamed of! Good for you for asking, and I'm sure you were not the only one who didn't know.

I always think it is kind of fun to find out about holidays from other places and/or cultures. Sometimes I even adopt them, but it is too hot here at this time of year to want to eat a heavy meal, so I'll just be happy that my friends up north are celebrating.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Trust me, it was too hot here, too. Humidex was 35ºC (95ºF), cooking a turkey was not fun.
Well it wasn't hot here. On sunday it was stormy, windy and wet. That was Turkey day at in-laws. We were worried we would lose power! Monday was cool and Sunny. Turkey day for my family at my home.

Oh where, oh where is our Indian Summer????????:pilgrim:

·
Registered
737 Posts
I love Thanksgiving. I can't wait till November...praying it's cool enough to turn the oven on here, lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts