Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever had accupuncture? I had my first ever treatment today. Not sure what to think yet. It was painless, but I don't know if it has or will do any good. I have a spasming muscle that he used it for. He used about 12 needles, and I honestly didn't even feel them going in.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
never had it but they are ultra thin needles i know that .
i kind of do more reflexology type of things right now.
but if i thought it would help something i had an issue with i would try it too !!

·
Registered
397 Posts
I'm set to go for my first accupuncture treatment next Monday. My purpose for going is that I suffer from severe migraine headaches. So far, nothing else that I've done or tried has worked in the past 11 1/2 years.

·
Registered
53 Posts
FHG, I absolutely love accupuncture. I was going to have my period regulated and for high blood pressure. It has been the only thing that kept my cycle regular enough for me and dh to concieve our first :) child that is due in May, and helps with my blood pressure. Since Im pregnant, I go for nausea and fatigue. Hopefully, your body responds in a positive manner to the accupuncture.

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Thanks for posting this and I hope the people that have had it keep responding..........

I was just talking to my Dr. about this on Monday.

My question is.........how did you find the dr.? Did another Dr. rec. the person? Or did you know someone that had gone to the Dr?

Also.........is there any way that you have even a 'vague' idea of how many treatments it will take?

I want to try it.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My question is.........how did you find the dr.? Did another Dr. rec. the person? Or did you know someone that had gone to the Dr?

Also.........is there any way that you have even a 'vague' idea of how many treatments it will take?

I went to a chiropractor. Didn't know who to go to in this town, so asked around. I was told that this particular clinic had 4 chiros in it, and they don't use appointments, just walk in and sign up. Plus they took the insurance that I use, plus it was $35 per appointment, no matter how long the appointment nor how many procedures they used. So that's how I chose this chiro. And when I got there, I found out that the chiros are the sons and grandsons of one of my highschool teachers way back when!!

The ones who recommended this doctor mentioned that they did acupuncture. One said that it solved her migraine problems. I didn't go particularly seeking acupuncture; I just wanted some pain relief.

I don't know how many treatments it will take. But I can tell you this: I woke up this morning feeling like a brand new person. I have NO pain, and full range of motion. What I don't know is how long this will last, and when I'll need to have it repeated. By the way, the needles were only in about 10 minutes or so. I didn't really feel anything different at that time, but gradually realized that the pain was lessening. And now..... WOW!

·
4,028 Posts
I've had it in the past for muscular problems around my shoulder. It worked like a charm. It did not help me lose weight though... :( . LOL!

Depending on what the issue was that is being treated it can do amazing things.

·
Licence to Kill
3,479 Posts
I have...I LOVE it!

Expect at least a few treatments before you seen any major improvement (it's not an instant-fix thing, but DOES fix the problem...not just mask it, like meds).

Good luck with your treatments! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
i had it and loved it!! i had a series of appts. the first time i went i was hopeful but also skeptical. it was amazing. i didn't even mention that i had restless leg syndrome for a number of years and just assigned myself that there wasn't much i could do about it. after the first visit it has totally been gone and that was about 5 years ago. never reoccured. i so wish i could go again for my leg pain and spinal stenosis. but, alas my insurance will not cover it. :(

·
Registered
397 Posts
I had my first appointment today. I like my doctor and I feel like she genuinely cares about me and wants to help. She told me that I will need to be treated for awhile. She said in my case that she probably won't be able to make my migraines go away permanently, but, she seems confident that she can help me with the pain and improve my quality of life.

·
Premium Member
3,524 Posts
Several years ago when I lived in Japan, I had acupuncture for weight loss. Didn't hurt at all. Didn't lose any weight, but it was one of the MOST RELAXING experiences I've ever had. DH also had it done for pain and he hated it....but I think that was more a function of the guy who did it, he had just finished his schooling and I really don't think he had enough experience treating people yet. I usually find alternative health providers through word of mouth. I have a co-worker whose DH does acupuncture so if I were going to do it again I think that's who I'd go to.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Would it work for relaxing the knotted muscles in my back? I have the worst time with my back. :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.