Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I had no intention of even watching this show when I first saw the previews. Then, one night I was bored and there was nothing on TV so I watched an episode and I'm hooked!

I went back and watched every episode I'd missed (I think it was just the first one) and I literally count down the days to Friday so I can watch it again.

I haven't been this addicted to a night time drama since Melrose Place & 90210!!!

So, anyone here addicted and wanna chat to pass the days by?

Did you see the previews for next week's show????? What do you think about Roger & Susan??

·
Registered
945 Posts
I don't count the days but I do love the show. I was surprised at how complicated and real the characters are. I love that Roger is so in love with Susan but if they act on it they will be walking a thin line to get it right w/o losing what is loveable about these characters.

How 'bout Tom's face when Janet was "letting him down easy"... classic! ROFLMAO "How can a night be boring and freaky at the same time." teeheehee

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree about Roger & Susan. I would love to see them together, but in doing so they could really lose some of the chemistry that makes the show so fun right now.

I was cracking up during Janet & Tom's "talk". Janet really is a piece of work ~ Bless her heart.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I love this show also.
I have not seen last night's show yet. We dvr all of our shows so that we can watch them together.
But I loved last weeks show. Even though we missed some of it due to the storm and the satellite going out. I did get to see Janet and Tom's talk. That was too funny.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh no no...wait until you watch last night's show. There is another scene with Janet & Tom ~ even better than last week's!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I like it too. On last night's show, just because of what Janet was saying. My husband said that I am just like her! I thought it was funny about Janet and Tom's talk. I can't wait to see next week about Roger and Susan.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Very good last night... I love to see how these characters interact and react to each other and to their own choices.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't watched this week's episode yet. Did Roger really kiss Susan like the previews hinted at???? I'm not gonna get a chance to watch it for a couple of days and I'm dying here!!!!

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Yes, it was the very last thing in the episode. Ok, so the previews for next week have Trina announcing that she is pregnant and someone (maybe Janet) saying "....and it's Tom's right?" Hmmm......looks interesting.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hiya,

I too am hooked to Swingtown. I started watching it online but this last show I dvr so I watch it last night and it was great. Can't wait for next week show. I was google swingtown a few weeks ago and there was a rumor going around that swingtown may be canceled but I couldn't found any more infor on that.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Yep, that kiss really happened...

**SPOILER**

Roger is just such a good guy and so tormented by what's happening in his life... he should have taken the opportunity to be honest with Janet though instead of just backing off when he didn't like what she said about what would make her happy.

**END SPOILER**

and just so you guys know... those previews were for TWO weeks from now... it won't be on next week

·
Registered
787 Posts
I know. I am so upset that we will have to wait two weeks to see what happens!

I really thought that maybe Roger would show some backbone to Janet but I guess not. Kinda makes me upset about that.

I loved the part with the boys playing poker and then BJ running out like that!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I've also heard that it may be cancelled. They only signed on for 13 episodes and I think this past episode was number 11, wasn't it?

We need to start a petition to keep it going! Isn't that how they got an extra season out of Jericho? :laugh:

·
Registered
945 Posts
What?! This is so much better than Jericho... A petition is definately in order here!

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok ~ I actually cried tonight while I watched the last episode of Swingtown.

It seems pretty clear that this was the end, doesn't it? I doubt it'll be on next year and that just makes me sad! :cry:

·
Registered
945 Posts
I read online that CBS is shopping it around to find a cable network to pick it up. And the info last night called it the season finale, not the series finale so I am hopeful that they will find a taker, or at least that they haven't completely thrown in the towel yet. It was a really good episode though so I guess if that's it I'll be happy with how it ended.

I knew Doug was going to leave w/o Laurie as soon as she walked out the door of his apartment. BJ and Sam are just the sweetest and most tragic things at the same time. I was very disappointed with Roger's whole "head of the house" speech. I know it was coming from a place of fear but still. Good for Janet for speaking up for herself. And I actually felt bad for Bruce (who I haven't really liked for most of the season) when Susan took those keys, he still looked devestated when he showed up at that bar to see Melinda. Ironically Tom and Trina have the most solid relationship of the bunch.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts