Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.frederiksamuel.com/blog/2006/10/freedom-for-animals.html

WARNING: Some of these images are graphic.

These are pictures made to look like cosmetic company advertisements, but show the effects of the products on the animals they're tested on. (The models are human.)

I'm a big believer in animal rights, and I myself think that this is a very strong message being sent to the general public. I don't use products that either:

a. Were tested on animals.
b. Contain parabens (a suspected cancer-causing agent).

So my use of cosmetics is fairly limited.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I agree too and I can't bring myself to look either. I know that one of the states in the US is banning the sale of cosmetics tested on animals (I'm sorry I can't remember which one). I think animal testing is cruel too and if there is a question of the safety of a product it should be tested on no one, an animal or a human.

·
Registered
787 Posts
i'll tell you, these images weren't as bad as some i have seen.
i myself, use very little make up.
i am a huge animal lover and hate animal testing.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I'd like to add that Arbonne is one company that has NO animal testing, NO animal ingredients & is vegan friendly (that's saying alot) :)

http://www.arbonne.com/international.asp

I believe there is a villager that sells Arbonne, but I don't remember who??

·
Registered
95 Posts
Yet another reason I choose to be vegan and that I'm an avid animal rights activist.

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Bumplett--I am an arbonne consultant and I am proud to say that Arbonne does not test on animals nor does it use animal products or byproducts in its products.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I didn't watch it either, I have seen a lot of this stuff, it's so awful. I don't understand why we still need to do this, after all this time do we not know what to use and what not to use? It's amazing what companies still do this... :(

·
Registered
95 Posts
I didn't watch it either, I have seen a lot of this stuff, it's so awful. I don't understand why we still need to do this, after all this time do we not know what to use and what not to use? It's amazing what companies still do this... :(
The sad thing is that if you contact the companies they actually say "We only test on animals where it is required by law" yet there is no law that any of the cosmetics HAVE TO be tested on animals. They just don't want to pay the money for the alternative methods.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I'm not watching it---I have a vivid imagination----and I agree than animal testing for cosmetics is totally unnecessary.

We are given the responsibility to treat animals kindly and humanely. They are God's creatures too, just as we humans are.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
What I don't understand is that we have enough information about ingredients that can be used/combined that are NOT harmful to either animals or people that I see no reason to continue researching the use of unnatural substances and their effects on either animals OR humans. Is it really worth taking a risk of harming creatures to develop a certain shade of lipstick that will last longer? Then again, I rarely use artifice WRT my appearance. And, when I do, I'm as likely (or more) to use strawberry Jello to color my lips as I am to use a standard lipstick.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts