Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This year the church gave each family with children a Advent candle set up. This one is very pretty a glass bowl filled with purple "crystals" and floating Advent candles and fill with water when your home.

The minister also made a advent devotional to use with the candles every evening.

My youngest is looking forward to lighting the Advent candles every night. She placed it in a the middle of the kitchen table .

What are some of your traditions for Advent?

·
Registered
742 Posts
We set up an advent wreath and usually read from a of a couple of Advent books we have.
This year we are setting up the the advent wreath and then discovering the story the story of Christmas from creation to Christ's birth using the Jesse Tree Ornaments. We will be reading a and looking at a different part of the story each day of advent.

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We set up an advent wreath and usually read from a of a couple of Advent books we have.
This year we are setting up the the advent wreath and then discovering the story the story of Christmas from creation to Christ's birth using the Jesse Tree Ornaments. We will be reading a and looking at a different part of the story each day of advent.
Did you buy or make your Jesse Tree Ornaments? And do you put yours on the Christmas tree or on a separate tree?

·
Registered
147 Posts
We have an old quilt-hanging thing that my Grandma made us when we were little kids. It looks like a dollhouse and has a stuffed bear on a safety pin that moves from room to room on each day looking for Christmas!
My sister and I are 28 and 26 now and my mom still puts it up!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Did you buy or make your Jesse Tree Ornaments? And do you put yours on the Christmas tree or on a separate tree?
I made mine. The Reformed Church of America has a nice information and pattern on how to make and use Jesse tree ornaments. I found the information by googling Jesse Tree Ornaments.
I am not sure where are going to hang them. We might just put them on the wall.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made mine. The Reformed Church of America has a nice information and pattern on how to make and use Jesse tree ornaments. I found the information by googling Jesse Tree Ornaments.
I am not sure where are going to hang them. We might just put them on the wall.

Ahh, that is sweet, homemade
I'm sure you will find the perfect place to put yours?
I'm guessing this is the first year doing the Jesse Tree?

My friends have all hung it different places.
some of the place my friends have hung theirs are:

On a their Christmas tree
on a bear free branch ( cut or fallen from outside)
a flannel tree banner ( this friend's ornaments were made of felt)
Around the trim on a window

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.