Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that my DD's room is pretty much finished, this is what happened to bathroom #1:): We reeeealllly needed a place to house our towels - it was getting on everyone's nerves to discover that if they had forgotten to grab a towel from the hall closet, they had to stick their head out of the bathroom door & yell "hey!! can someone pleeeease get me a towel??!"lol. So we searched the Home Depots & other DIY centers for a towel closet to install in the bathroom. The only one that looked halfway decent cost $300. There had to be a better way to accomplish this. One day, our local mom & pop veggie/fruit stand had thrown out a bunch of wooden crates that the fruits & veggies came in and they told me to take as many as I wanted for free b/c they were always getting them....so over a short period of time, I had quite the collection:)...so back to bathroom#1. I painted 6 of the crates with left over paint , then using an ivy stencil & green craft paint (also from my stash) I stenciled green ivy up the sides of the crates. Dh nailed them all together to make a shelf, then secured the shelf to the bathroom wall after I had repainted the bathroom. I remembered a cute little basket that I had found at the GW for .99 & set it on top of the shelf - it was perfect. But something else looked like it should be done.....I grabbed the ivy stencil again & stenciled a border to match. I added a little green rug that I made from recycled t-shirts....the only thing that I need to do is go to Dollar Tree & get a green shower curtain liner.:)
towel case.JPG grapevine stencil & towel case.JPG grapevine stencil.JPG bathroom rug.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts