Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On to bathroom #2:) Although we have a big cabinet for medical items & toiletries, we didn't have much space for towels- we had been keeping a stack of bath towels on the top of the toilet tank. I got a little tired of this method & I took one of the wooden crates that I got for free & painted it with left over paint. Then I bought a butterfly stencil for 1.99 and using craft paint from my stash, stenciled butterflies up the side of the crate.After I repainted the bathroom (10.94), dh secured the crate to the bottom of the cabinet - perfect fit - leaving just enough room for the towel hanger. Now that pretty crate made the sink cabinet doors look naked, so I stenciled butterflies on them too. The finishing touches are the curtains that I crocheted from thread that I had in my stash (butterfly pattern was free from the internet) and the little butterfly tassel (hanging from the middle of the curtain rod)was .99....I have a framed butterfly picture hanging on the wall that was free, but I didn't take a picture. butterfly case.JPG butterfly stencil.JPG butterfly curtains.JPG

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Those curtains are amazing! I really am enjoying your adventures in decorating. I just love how small changes make a big difference! Can't wait to look at part 3 and part 4! :)

Theresa :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts