Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ladies...put your thinking caps on....PLEASE!! I am at my wits end with what color to paint my kitchen. We had it painted yellow and I liked it because we were going to redo our cabinets in white. Well then we put new tile down and the yellow walls didn't look good with the new tile but the cabinets looked great with the tile. Are you still following me??? :D So now I don't know what to paint my kitchen walls now!! I'm posting a link so you can see what color my cabinets are. It's a bathroom cabinet but you can get the idea of the color. http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=108752-444-TT240
Here is what my tile looks like....
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=185391-79508-0097
I hope you can tell what it looks like. We don't have a large kitchen...i think it's 14x9. I have white molding in the kitchen (around window, door and a chair rail that I want to keep white. ) I wish I had a picture to post of the actual kitchen but I'm not up with the times with the digital camera :D

I appreciate any and all advice you have. I really need to get the kitchen painted this weekend before Malcom comes home. Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your advice!!

·
27,948 Posts
Hi Daphne! I'm not any good at this stuff but my guess is the palest of blue.:)
Sounds like you've been keeping yourself busy.Miss you.:)

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for answering so quickly.....I'm surprised someone else is up this early. I was going to hit some garage sales and come back and check any replies. :D

I have missed everyone here too....malcom left this morning to head to Indiana so we have been busy getting stuff done around here before he leaves. :D Well, he's been busy doing the stuff I have listed for him on the honey-do list!! :D

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Looks like you would do the best with a cool color, blues, greens, grays, ect.

Good luck I hate decorating I can never "see" what it will look like all together.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I couldn't see the colour or the tiles???? :bang:

However IF you still want yellow (I love yellow) could you go for a different shade or tone of yellow maybe.

P.S. - Lovely to see you back!

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
How about a sandstone color, maybe with a hint of gold in it?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you ladies! I like the yellow but it really makes my cabinets look yellow...it's weird how they look. One of my friends suggested a brick red color but I'm worried it will make it look too small. I know I should "think" too much about this because it is just paint!! lol

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well....I'm finished painting now. :D I choose a brick red color and it turned out beautiful!!! I was a little afraid of going that dark but it didn't make my kitchen look smaller at all. It made my cabinets and tile look so good!!!!! :D

I really appreciate all your advice on colors. :D Thank you!

Oh....I also painted my dining room the red color too. Well, the bottom part of my walls under the chair rail. It looks great too. I still need to do a little bit of touch ups but I'll take care of that in the morning. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts