Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
those are great! I crochet a lot, but i have never figured out how to change color to make a pattern...such as the pooh. All I know to do is straight stripes or solid afghans. Are those crochet or knit? (My eyes aren't cooperating with me to see the detail.) Great job!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Those are just beautiful ! So much work in them....... You are a very gifted at crochet !!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Wow, beautiful work!! Your work is stunning!!

I'm not sure if you knew, but Sara has set up a place to post our photos here at the village too.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I love them! You do great work! I loved the graduation afghan, she will treasure that! Thanks for sharing them with us.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I'm a beginner at crochet. Tell me how the graphing is done. I have seen so many patterns and beautiful blankets made, but don't understand how they are made.

If it's not too terribly difficult..I might try it.

Thanks for posting pics. You're definitely talented. They are great!

·
Registered
19,004 Posts
Wow! You do great work! I love the detail.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everybody for all your kind words.
The grad ghan took about 1 1/2 months to make and the pooh ghan only about 1 week.
They are done in the Afghan stitch and are the first things I have every really done and completed by myself. Very simple and best of all easy.
The graphs are worked where each square equals 1 stitch. 1 stitch has two parts--put stitches on and take stiches off changing colors as needed.
There are some great sites where you can read about how to do the color change and also the afghan stitch. Let me know if you all want me to collect them and post them.
I highly recommend this type of crochet to anybody. Experienced as well as beginners!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts