Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe that it's been 2 weeks that I haven't did a big grocery shopping or even hitting Walmart...This is the first time for me in 13yrs...For those of you that don't know me I use to go 2 to 3 times a week..I'm obsessed with stockpiling food and always think we don't have enough..or if we get low on anything you would think the world is coming to an end as I start to panic..From learning alot from FV I tamed myself and only go once a week now to save money and gas...Now I'm getting to the point that I have to force myself to go shopping..LOL..Normally I would have spent $250.00 in 2weeks and another $10.00 for gas..however I've only spent around $40.00 and thats hitting stores thats on my way home from work..and one store thats like 5 miles from me other then traveling 20 miles one way to the big grocery stores..Heres what I've bought in the past 2 weeks..

8-gallons of milk (to stretch it further I've been using powder milk also)
6 1/2- dozen eggs
11- 2-liters of soda (I must have my Diet Coke)
2-loafs of Bread
2- packages of Bagels
3-containers Sour Cream
6lbs-Bananas
5-Pledge Dusters (Free w/coupons) had to pay tax..

So I figured that I just saved $220.00 that includes gas savings..hurray

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
Wow! Excellent savings. I used to go to grocery store a lot too but with cost of gas don't get out as much.

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Good for you.
I panic if we get low on TP... LOL

·
8,714 Posts
~Awesome! I have to force myself to go out too, but that might be because it's so cold! Staying home really does save money. WTG!~

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Great job. Staying out of the stores really helps.

·
Registered
52 Posts
that is great. I am trying to do my grocery shop on sundays and stay out of the stores during the week. I, too, used to go about every other day and only buy a few things at a time. It was very wasteful.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is great. I am trying to do my grocery shop on sundays and stay out of the stores during the week. I, too, used to go about every other day and only buy a few things at a time. It was very wasteful.

Boy are we on the same page......

·
27,948 Posts
Good for you! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I am happy for you :) I only shop on Saturday evenings at the local grocery store. I make 1 or 2 trips a month to Aldi to stock up on inexpensive food items that we need for the month. We only need to buy the basics now at the local grocery store, so at least 2x this month I was able to get into the lane for 15 items or less!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Great job!!! Doesn;'t it feel great!?!?

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dh and I have been the same way. Where it seems like that we were going shopping 2 or 3 times a month. My dh is more of the steak and potatoe and convenice type of person. I have made the mistake this month of letting him go shopping this month. Well when that happens he ends up shopping the 2 or three times a month. For the month of December and January I was doing pretty good of only going shopping a few times a month. Only having to go to the store for fresh milk and veggies. Well I need to get back to trying to do the shopping my self.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts