Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit up the after-Easter clearance sale at Superstore today when I went over to get a few other items and get my ears looked at. I picked up everything for 50% off including a couple ceramic bunnies, two sets of four spring dessert plates and a wreath for the front door. The bunnies are just so cute!

At least I'll have some stuff for next year. :D

·
Premium Member
9,446 Posts
Dh & I went to THREE stores yesterday before we found ANY Easter stuff. First we went to Target. They had zero candy (which is what we were really looking for lol) and only plastic eggs and egg dye kits left in their mark downs. Then we went to Walmart, it was even worse than Target. No candy and only Easter grass in the mark downs.

Finally we went to Kmart and they had a little bit of candy lol. I was just astonished because usually things linger until it's 75-90% off...not this year.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I really think it has to do with the recession and how people are planning now for next year.

Omg, did something frugal finally catch on? Maybe we should have kept that secret to ourselves. :)

·
19,119 Posts
Around here it seems as if the stores did not stock as much merchandise probably to minimize leftovers. I am purposely not going to look for after Easter bargains because I need to get rid of not add to my treasure box.

I'll be sewing some of the darling ideas that were shared this Easter season with fabric on hand for next year.

but I love hearing about all the great bargains that you find!!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I also went looking for candy at target walmart dollar tree and could find nothing!! I couldn't believe it!! I guess they are ordering less. one thing I had trouble finding even before easter were jelly beans. I don't know why

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Hubby and I went to Big Lots this evening and he got some Reese's Peanut Butter Bunnies and Robin's Eggs for 50% off. He normally is fed lunch at work, but he is on a special project for a month and lunch is not supplied. He is choosing to take his lunch rather than go out and buy it. You can teach an old dog new tricks!

His mom gave us ham, sausage, fajitas, and ribs to take home after Easter dinner. I have various veggies prepared for him. But he had NO dessert (poor baby). I was so proud of him! He came home today and said a single small candy bar was 90 cents in the machine and could we go buy him some cheaper!!

Mary

1 - 7 of 7 Posts