Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought that I would be smart this year & hit the after Easter sales at Walmart. In years past, Walmart has had tons of stuffed animals, baskets, eggs etc. in huge bargain bins. Well...I go in about 7 this morning & there was hardly anything there...then I went over to Target & the same thing was going on there...????? It is my belief that the stores are not ordering as much as they used to and that might explain the slim pickin's. Anyone else have this happen to them, or is it just the retarded place that I live???

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
I haven't looked at after holiday sales, but I was in both Target and Walmart the day before Easter and there wasn't much left even then.

·
Registered
579 Posts
I found easter candy on sale........hersheys chocolates for .99 a bag at hy-vee. I had a coupon for 1.50 off three bags so I did get three bags for less than 1.50. We made up baskets for my nieces and nephews.

It seem after holidays sales it better at grocery stores lately. What do you all think?? I know after x-mas I bought my wrapping paper at a grocery store.

Julie

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I found the same thing at our WalMart. We don't have a Target yet, but one is being built and will open at the end of June. Yippeeee!!

I found some really cute stuff for almost nothing at our grocery store yesterday evening though, so I guess that is the place to look for after holiday sales now.

·
Registered
419 Posts
On Saturday night I went into CVS to pick up Easter Candy, for a couple of little boys that were having dinner with us on Sunday. I was Surprized how little that they had left. I ended buying a couple of things, but they didnt have much left at all. I also tried the Walgreens down the road, the same thing. I think that the stores didnt have as much as they usually do.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its Not just you , Stores have been losing stock by ordering too many in the last few years , so they order less now.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Our grocery store (Kroger's) had tons of Easter stuff clearanced today. I only bought some Cadbury Cream eggs but they had all kinds of candy, stuffed animals, toys, etc. I haven't been to our local Wal-Mart or Target so I don't know about them.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
I just skipped it all together. I figured it was just a bunch of junk food anyway that I don't need, LOL

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
i didn't get out today but have to go to target to return a watch tomorrow and i was going to see what was left. don't need anything, just looking out of curiosity. i know saturday most of it was picked over except for candy and stuffed animals. toys and stuff were pretty slim.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
I had to run in Wal Mart for milk and a few things. While I was there I picked hubby up some Easter Candy. I was hoping to find an Easter tablecloth with napkins, but there wasn't any. Now I'm just trying to stay out of the candy--for some reason I keep thinking about !:munch:

Dixie Jean

·
Registered
98 Posts
I asked about it at my Walmart, and all the non -perishable type items they put in storage trailers for next year. So, only the candy type stuff is on sale.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
It was odd to see almost nothing left for Easter on the day before the holiday at CVS. I didn't see any stores having eggs on sale, either, so I didn't buy any this year to color.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Unless there's good dark chocolate on sale I'm not interested. I'm not that into the candy, and I certainly don't need the stuffed animals, baskets, whatnot.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Nothing around here either, although the news reported that Hobby Looby had everything at 50% off right before Easter.

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
I had gone to the grocery store, Kmart and the drug store yesterday, NOT for after Easter sales normal errands. I did notice there was next to nothing at the stores. When I asked a woman I am friendly with at the grocery store where all the Easter things are, she said they were all pulled off the shelves. Kmart had 6 baskets left, the drug store had a few assorted candies.

I know when I worked at CVS years and years ago, stuff was pulled off the shelf and returned to the cold cellar to be sold the next year. Maybe that's what they are doing? I don't know... but I have noticed a big decline in after holiday sales.

·
Registered
772 Posts
They must be doing something. In past years there used to be TONS of jelly beans left over. I wanted to do a math lesson with my class after spring break and I went to 3 different stores looking for the jelly beans. I finally found them in the bulk food of my grocery store, but they were still $1.49 a pound. I had to buy them because that was all they had besides the jelly belly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts