Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course I am talking about math, I have tried to figure this out on my calculator and with pen and paper and i come up with completely different results. Can anyone help??

subtotal 43.80
- coupon for 20% (I get 8.76 both on paper and on calculator)
+ shipping 3.95
+ sales tax of 6.4% (I get different totals for this on paper and calculator)(I get 2.49 and 2.66)
= ??

this is driving me nuts!!! :loop: The order i have to do it is subtotal minus coupon, plus shipping, plus sales tax, equals grand total. can anyone help??

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Wish I could.... instead, I'm just here for moral support. :hugz: I make DH figure out that kind of thing. I'm terrible at math, too! :laugh:

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
Hi Melissa, I get $41.48 Hope that helps!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i got 41.48 on paper too robin...my calculator says 41.65....dh got 45.38... :confused:

so looks like 41.48 is the right answer. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
$41.48 is what I get too.................

When you said "Ah...my nemesis..we meet again... "
I was getting my gloves on...I thought it was time to help you do battle and help you beat the foe......LOL ........:punch: :fpunch:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Round up the tax...comes to $41.49...Hope this helps!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL Lori!! Math is certainly never been my friend. Even in school, i was never good at it. Some days math clicks right away for me, but most days I am lucky to be able to do my counting on my fingers and toes!:toothy:

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
Melissa, I can relate, I am completely math illiterate. I rely so strongly on my calculator that I am sunk if I have to do any kind of percentages in my head.:confused:

My trusty calculator came up with the same total as everyone else-41.48.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Rounded to nearest number ... it is $ 41.49 :)

·
TammyBob
6,981 Posts
My calculator says $41.65.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.