Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AHHHHHH I am 27 and have a mustache!!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am 27 and have a mustache!!!!!!!!!!!! I have natural blonde blonde hair so I never really saw it before. But lately every time I look in the mirror I have started to see this hair over my lip. I thought well it is blonde no one else can see it but me. NOPE!!!!! Finally it bothered me enough that I asked DH about it, and he said meekly after trying to change the conversation that he had noticed it and you could see it. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am not a vain person, I love to wear sweaters and jeans, and generally only wear cover up to cover up my psoriasis. SOOOOO I have decided that I am going to go and get it waxed when I get my eyebrows done (which I am getting done only for the second time, the first time I swear it hurt more then my tattoos.) What does this mean?????? I swear I better not end up a hairy older women, especially because I am only in my late 20's.

I do know this probably sounds real funny and I am sure I will laugh about it (okay cry) after I get it waxed.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Well, I started waxing mine too, but then I read that if you keep waxing regularly, it causes those lines around your mouth like you get when you smoke, so I decided to bleach instead. So now I wax once in a while, and bleach the rest of the time. I'm saving up to have mine zapped off with a laser.

I was thinking of trying to get that epilstop stuff that when you use it it slowly kills the follicle so the hair finally just stops growing.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I did a google on epil stop and there were several complaints about it not working. I have dark hair, and I would recommend being careful. Any hair I remove, comes back darker and thicker. I have only used hair removal products. I will be bleaching this summer to see what happens.

·
Registered
191 Posts
im 23 i started noticing mine too. my hairs a little darker than blond naturally. i just use the cream bleach stuff it works fine and you cant really see it unless you are looking for it. Ive done the whole waxing thing, though i may try it this summer as a gift to myself. with my change jar money.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I feel your pain. My hair is blond too but it does seem to have gotten thicker. I have done the waxing thing but like you I have psorisis and the waxing seems to make it worse around my eyebrows at least temporarily. So, I wax or shave it (SO thinks it is funny- he shaves one body part once a day and I am doing a heck of a lot more....). To counteract the peeling I double up on how much I am applying the homehealth psorisis lotion around the areas.

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I am miserable about it. I bet I have a full beard were I to let stuff actually grow instead of waxing and plucking, shaving, and using dipilitories. But i don't, i keep right on top of it with every method at my disposal. Bah, it drives me nuts.

But think of it, we can't be that unusual or the market for the products wouldn't be booming.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have to wax my upper lip. I usually have it done when I go in for my eyebrows. Waxing doesnt bother me. I have been waxing my eyebrows since I was about 14. I started waxing my lip when I was around 37.

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
i have dark brown hair and bleaching has always worked well for me. joleen is the name brand but the walgreens and walmart version work just as well. just remember, two parts cream.. one part powder.

·
27,948 Posts
It's amazing how many women have this problem, even at your age. My "problem" started as a teen. :dis: I'm guessing 8 out of 10 women have issues with unwanted hair growth.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I have noticed light hair above my lip, but I am leaving it alone until it looks like a mustache or someone comments on it. I pluck long, dark chin and neck hairs though. I started noticing them a few years ago and they are awful. They pop up out of no where and I don't even notice they are there until I try to get the cat hair off of me and I realize it's not cat hair, it's a hair growing from my neck or my chin :bag: .

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
I too have stray hairs and I keep in top on them. Actualy I have been noticing them since high school. In my opinion bleaching doesnt work becuase it still looks fuzzy and when the sun light hits it people really notice it. I would wax and start saving for lazer. My mom had lazer done on most of her face years ago and now it as hairless and smooth as a babys butt!

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
Im 35 and i have strays on upper lip, so i started 2 years ago waxing. i mostly pluck my eye brows.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I pluck mostly and shave as a once over. I don't bleach because I like the idea of it ALL being gone as I'm sure your SO would still feel it and see it up close lol Ive never had a "stubble" problem some people talk about and I think it'd just a myth. I've done this for years this way. It's not a bad problem though. Just the normal upper lip (so far anyway knock on wood) I hope I never have them on my chin , cheeks, or other places I sometimes see people growing them. But if that happened you sure wouldn't see it on my face before it grew.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I bet I have a full beard were I to let stuff actually grow instead of waxing and plucking, shaving, and using dipilitories. But i don't, i keep right on top of it with every method at my disposal. Bah, it drives me nuts.
Me too...it's profoundly depressing. I've had unwanted facial hair since puberty...at least you made it to 27, Tracy.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Don't worry - I'm 22 and also have hair on my upper lip. For those of you who shave it - be careful because shaving causes it to come back darker and coarser! :( A few weeks ago I finally waxed it for the first time and I was amazed at how great it looked. I'll have it done here again in the next few weeks, as my fiance is coming to visit (haven't seen him in 9 months!) and he's never seen me without it. I have hair on my cheeks too (just a little) and nice big ol' eyebrows... gotta love the hair. :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Really, shaving is bad? I thought waxing was what caused it to come back horribly bad... I’m soooo looking into this...

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
shaving is the worse thing u can do, twice as fast and twice as thick. I knew a lady who would do this and now she looks like a man every morning. I find the waxing on my upper lip has pulls them out enough that they aint coming back lol

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I have a white whisker like hair on the left side of my upper lip. It appeared 2 years ago and I shave it off all the time. Shaving hasn't changed it at all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts