Frugal Village Forums banner

airplane id question

738 Views 6 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  paelthom
Dh and I both have our drivers licenses. But, what do I take for dd (she is 4 years old)?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Identification Requirements
Passengers 18 years of age or older are required to have government-issued photo identification for travel within the United States. However, you may be required to present proof of age (such as a birth certificate) at the airport for any children under the age of 18 who are traveling with you.

I got that from the american airlines website! Hope that helps! :)

Edited, I didn't mean to post all that stuff!
I've travelled with my children many times domestically (inside US) and my ID was sufficient. When I check in they always ask to see which kids are travelling with me and ask their ages (now 8 & 5), and that's it.
I've never needed ID for the kids. Not even when I put thm on a plane in MN to meet my brother in Fl.
I worried about that 2 the first time and my brother who is a pilot for Delta told me ID for kid was no bigie unless were leaving or entering the country.
I have never been asked for ID for my kids but I do take their birth certificates with me just in case.
Kids under 18 do not need id, when Shane flew alone, he used his school shot record.
I've never had any problems with my dd flying. She's 11. I've always been with her and my license seemed sufficient for both of us. We have only flown in the US though.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.