Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
I'm NOT from Alberta, but we get your clippers every so often!

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
I'm in southeastern Alberta and it sn't as bad as when I first got here. Moving from the northern coast of BC to here was a shock to the system. But I've gotten used to it.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
An Alberta Clipper is what the weather people down here call a blast of cold air that comes down from Canada. It usually means a sharp temperature drop with winds giving a bad wind chill factor.

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
"An Alberta Clipper is what the weather people down here call a blast of cold air that comes down from Canada. It usually means a sharp temperature drop with winds giving a bad wind chill factor."

That makes a lot more sense than what I was picturing :)

·
Registered
628 Posts
I am from Alberta. Born and raised on an itty bitty farm.
redheadedwonder11...I see you're from Calgary. I posted a question about Calgary under "Vacations and Travel" (Under the main category of General Chat.) Would you be so kind to check it out and reply if you have any answers for me? I haven't gotten any responses so far. Thanks...and welcome to FV!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I was raised in southern Alberta and now live in northern Alberta. I like Alberta, but it's sure gotten busier over the last 5 or so years. I may want to slow down in the future and move somewhere else one day. For now this is where there are jobs, jobs, jobs!

·
Registered
205 Posts
I live in southern AB and I know what you mean about it being busier and busier!! But we should count our blessings with our good jobs as food prices and cost of living are going up and up....one day though, I too will leave this rat race for more peace and quiet.

·
Registered
587 Posts
I was in Alberta last summer and was shocked at how busy it has gotten, especially Edmonton. Just crazy!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
I'm here in NS, it seems someone I know is leaving every week to go out there :S
Soon I'll know as many people in AB as here!
But...you guys have Spruce Meadows and Stampede, so I'm sure I'm going to have to come visit someday :p

1 - 17 of 17 Posts