Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Aldi's prices going up everywhere? I've noticed in the last month that some of their prices have jumped considerably!

The two things that I noticed...their popcorn went up .20 :popcorn:, and their frozen ground turkey jumped from .69/pound to .99/pound. I used to use 1/2 pound of their turkey and cut it into other ground meats to cheapen up the meal! For burgers, I'd use 1/2 pound of burger and a 1/2 pound of turkey; for spagetti, I'd use 1/2 turkey & 1/2 sausage. Now, that the price jumped...it isn't going to make it that much cheaper, since I only buy other ground meats when they go on sale and usually get them around .99/pound anyways!

Ugh...I think I liked it better when I was young and completely ignorant on grocery prices. I used to just walk in and grab what I needed, without thinking about how much the cost is going up! :scratch: I spent more...but I never had to worry about prices going up! :fpunch:

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
The butter @ Aldi's, here, went from 1.89 to 2.19. The canned veg's are about the same price as my large home store. WOW..I don't know what large families are doing. I watched the Duggar Family last night on TV. They have 17 kids!! I recognized food from Aldi's in their pantry!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts
Their stuff is going up to. I haven't been in for a while, but last time I noticed the whipped yougert (my kids fav) have gone up to 42 cents, I used to pay 33 cents.........they are truly nickel and diming us to death!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I think all the stores are nickeling and dimming us to death.
Walmart is going up also.
I truthfully think I can do just as good with coupons , sale and Price Chopper, Kmart

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have noticed the prices going up at our Aldi stores here, too. I think the gas prices they have to pay to truck everything in are what's causing the increase. I know I have been complaining for a while to my husband about everything just creeping up in price, not just at Aldi, but everywhere! I hate it. We are trying to have 2 meatless meals a week just to help cut back. It is super hard to do since we love our meat here in the Davis household. I really don't think it is going to get any better.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Their egg prices have sure gone up. They used to be the cheapest place around. Now I've found Super Target has a better price.

·
Registered
140 Posts
We don't have Aldis here, but prices at Winco are going crazy. My usual 5-lb chub of ground turkey went from 4.96 to 6.96 all of a sudden, and milk and eggs are up too, of course. I'm just trying to compensate a little by being extra vigilant about sales and stocking up when I find a good price.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Their egg prices have sure gone up. They used to be the cheapest place around. Now I've found Super Target has a better price.
Yes, I noticed the eggs. They were up to $1.59/doz I think from like $.89.

·
Registered
514 Posts
I noticed a sad timeframe for milk. I used to get the large box there for $6.99. That was HALF as anywhere else. 3 mos later it had JUMPED to $9.99 then about 6 weeks later it was $12.99 which was about 1 mo. ago last I checked. I've been getting it from Kroger as it's a dollar cheaper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.