Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know I'm laid off at the moment and getting ready to have surgery so I have been trying not to buy anything we don't absolutely need. I never want anything for Christmas and DH gets frustrated when I say nothing. This year is no different. He told me I need to figure out what I want because I'm getting something for Christmas. OK, you'd think I'd be rattling off all kinds of ideas right?:shake: I can only think of 3 things and one of them I always ask for which is some jigsaw puzzles and that will only irritate DH. The second is a new purse, which I'd rather pick out myself. So the only other thing I can think of is a Food Saver. I've been wanting one forever and now it looks like I'll have one by the weekend. He asked, now he'd better deliver. Do you think I could ask for all of them and get away with it? Maybe that would teach him to push me.:p

Cat

·
27,948 Posts
I'd love some new puzzles too! I think those who aren't into puzzles just can't understand the happiness you get when you have a new one to work on. Sure doesn't hurt to ask for all 3 and those new puzzles would help keep you occupied as you recover from your surgery. This was the last puzzle we bought & it was just so pretty, just wish they weren't so expensive...
Norwegian Fjord jigsaw puzzle by Ravensburger

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I decided against the food saver. I'm trying to not fill the freezer and to use up all we have. I did tell DH I want one for my birthday in March. We will be in a better financial position then. However I sent him to a new puzzle site I found last night and showed him 3 of the 1000 pc. puzzles that I want. There were 59 pages for him to go through.HEHEHE. We will be doing some shopping at the mall tomorrow so I can get my new purse. The one I have is a cheap WM purse that I have used for the last 10 years. I want one that will not go to work and get nasty. Darlene, that puzzle is gorgeous and thanks for a new site to search through. We can never have too many puzzles. Don't know if you have seen them and I don't know how to send the link but I want Paper Clips, Clown Fish, and Butterflies. They are all very colorful. DH said No Way when he saw the paper clip puzzle. I just grinned because I knew he wouldn't even touch this one.

Cat

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
If he shoots down your requests, change them to Chore Requests. I bet that gets you the purse, hahaha!

Here, let me help you get started: toilet cleaning, dishes for a week, dog poop removal, (oh wait, that's my list)

·
27,948 Posts
Reactions: Sassyclass

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh geez. Someone is in trouble.:scratch: More puzzles. Darlene, I think you and I like the same kind of puzzles.

at least 1000 pcs.
Folk Art
Nature
Bright Colors
anything like the paperclips, balls of yarn, candy,clown fish,buttons, anything that will drive anyone who sees it crazy, so they have no desire to sit down and mess with my puzzle!:thumb:

I will do 750pc. but I prefer the bigger ones. I love Josephine Wall puzzles. They are beautiful, whimsical/fairy related but I love the colors. I used to have about 5 of them and gave them to a family members girlfriend. I'll never do that again. I wish I had them back. At the moment I'm trying to get ones that would look good in a sun room painted the turquoise blue of the Carolina Panthers. I've never glued a puzzle but I think I might try to with the 3 I picked out. They will look great in our new house....someday. I have orederd from Spillsbury and now I found SeriousPuzzles and the sites you gave me. What more could a jigsaw puzzle geek ask for?

Cat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just want to say that I'm a jigsaw puzzle lover, too. But I get mine at yard sales or thrift stores. It's a great pastime. The only one we ever glued was an Elvis one. We framed that and hung it up in our rec room.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If he shoots down your requests, change them to Chore Requests. I bet that gets you the purse, hahaha!

Here, let me help you get started: toilet cleaning, dishes for a week, dog poop removal, (oh wait, that's my list)
He isn't the one shooting down my requests, I am. In fact he gets upset with me because I never want anything. We had a conversation on this subject about 3 days ago and he was getting on me for being too selfless. Huh? I get mad at him because he thinks of others before he does us. I don't know any woman who is married with or without kids who isn't selfless. I think women in general put themselves after everyone else. Most women, there are those few who think the world revolves around them, but I tend to stay away from their type of drama. As far as doing chores... he works 12-15 hours a day and besides I'm laid off and need something to do.:shrug2:

Cat

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Ah ok, and I just came up with an idea, how about Netflix or movie rental gift cert? Then on a day you are needing more rest it would be something different. I know, trying to save money though. It would just give him something to give you that you could use on a difficult day.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How about a new nightgown to make you feel better during your recovery?

·
27,948 Posts
Oh crud no. I'm a sweat shirt and pants gal and DH would take that as a sign of something else.:eek:

Cat
Heaven's no, you wouldn't want that. :D

LMAO! I about spewed my orange soda on the 'puter screen when I read what you wrote.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
hahahaa!! Cute!

I really think some sort of services might help you during recovery but as you pointed out you don't want/need anything and are very focused on your goals. Sometimes its rewarding enough to just be supported in that by the loved one.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
This thread is so funny!

PS I had a food saver that dh brought home for me that sat for YEARS until dd said her dh to be wanted one when we were in walmart one day.

Now they have one.

I do know some people love them but for me it is just as easy to toss meat in a freezer bag and then into the deep freezer.

I also have a kitchen gadget addiction I have worked hard to rid myself of lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.