Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
~I listed a used game system and 10 games last week and they all sold! I made $155! We also bought a Wii to sell on Ebay but someone we know offerred us what we wanted for it and we made another $90 on that. Yey! Now we can afford new games, lol!~

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Congrats!!! I tried auctioning Halloween costumes a few weeks ago with no luck. I think I will do supplemental/idea books for teachers next followed by textbooks. Then off to lots of baby clothes. I think I'll save the bigger items for the resale shop opening in town. Any pointers? You seem to have more luck!

·
8,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
~I like to stick to things that can be mailed media mail because it's the cheapest. Once Ebay takes a cut and Paypal takes a cut and then the USPS takes their fee, there can be very little left for your trouble. Video games, movies and books with a sold value of over $5 seem to work best for me. I have listed clothes but the 'profit' for me is about $.25 on the $1(if a lot sells for $10 with $10 shipping, I pocket only $5 after fees and shipping). Media is about $.75 profit on $1(a $15 game with $5 shipping nets me $15 after fees and shipping). HTH!~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts