Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living off the grid is awesome, I applaud anybody who manages :)
I have done everything I can to be as independent of the electricity system as possible but am still connected.

My house is a fairly typical California ranch tract home which has been pretty easy to upgrade and green. I installed solar panels and low-flow Caroma toilets, double glazed all the windows, weather striped every door, and am about to install low-flow Fluid faucets.

I'm hoping to have a greywater system installed to water my vegetable garden, most of my yard is native/drought-resistant. Some months of the year I don't use draw any electricity from the grid but I am not quite comfortable with disconnecting at this point. My goal is to go 12 months without any municipal power before doing the big disconnect. Unfortunately, at this time I can't see myself being free of water dependence but in the meantime I can keep consumption as low as possible.

·
2,688 Posts
Can you tell us what title you wanted to give this thread ?

I don't think a regular mod can change it, but one of the super mods could fix it for you. Or Sara or Gabe :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can you tell us what title you wanted to give this thread ?

I don't think a regular mod can change it, but one of the super mods could fix it for you. Or Sara or Gabe :)
Gah actually I just realized that I totally pasted a response to another thread instead of my post which I typed in a processor. So embarrassing, would it be possible to just delete this thread so I can start over?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts