Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a Pet Rock at a yard sale last week, in the original box and everything, lol. I remembered I had one as a kid. The insert tells you how to care for your pet rock. It is too funny!

Fess up, who had a pet rock? :toothy:

·
27,948 Posts
Mine was from my yard.:D Who would pay for a rock? It didn't do much...:toothy:
Somebody made a lot of money on that idea, who would of thunk it?

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
Mine was "homemade",lol. In VBS, or was it MYF? we took rocks and painted them silver , then put felt on the bottom. Much more frugal than storebought,lol I became bored rather quickly,though.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You could sell that on eBay they are VERY collectable especially in their boxes!

I had one :D - I haven't got it now :( but I'd DEFINATELY buy one if I saw it at a yard sale!!!!

Anyway ~ Yes..... I had a bought one and then I made lots of friends for it too LOL.

They were just so cool ~ There are whole sites about them on-line!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
I had one direct from the driveway! LOL. He had lots of friends too. LOL.

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
I had one and after my Dad passed I found it at his house.... Still in good shape with the box...... I made over 60 of them year before last for the kids to give as Christmas gifts, they were a very BIG hit ! We bought boxes on the internet and printed our own books (a little different from the original) on the computer....
They were great fun to make..... BTW..... There is no copy right on pet rocks......

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
No, I never have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts