Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you buy your curriculum?!? I was using a local homeschool shop but it recently closed without notice. I trying to get a jump on my DD. She's almost finished with all of her 2nd grade work!:read:

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Several places here -
1)Family Christian Bookstore
2)locally owned bookstore
3)Homeschool support group has an annual book exchange
4)use many online sites that offer free printables
5)make up my own for certain subjects sometimes using college textbooks
6)order some things online

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've found the best prices for Saxon Math books on either half.com or ebay.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just realized I sounded illiterate with my typo......duh...I'M trying to keep up with my DD. You guys get the idea!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
ebay mostly. I will be switching to Rod and Staff I think next year.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
We unschooled until this year. We use Singapore Math. I am still looking for a grammar and spelling program that I like and that I think they will do.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Singapore for math.

And I've had great luck with homeschoolestore.com

They've got all kinds of novel studies (we used ones for Little House in the Big Woods, some Magic Treehouse books, and a Wrinkle in Time), and unit studies. The best part is, you can download them immediately and only print out the pages that you need.

·
Registered
140 Posts
eBay, Amazon, Christianbook.com, or the local Christian bookstore (ours has a decent selection of both religious and general materials, but not all do). Good luck!

·
Registered
514 Posts
This is the only place I "order" from. They are fab- quick & so far, no mistakes. I had ONE book on backorder, they sent my order & sent the BO book later. Otherwise we have a HS bookstore down the road, and they are awesome as well!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts