Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had gotten an amish bread starter a while back, and although DS and I liked it, DH was not so impressed. (We ended up using it for french toast, which he suffered through!) I just recieved another one! I have to make this one sometime tomorrow. Is there more than one recipe to use the starter for? The one I have has you add eggs, oil, milk, sugar, vanilla, vanilla pudding, flour and a couple other things. Just wondering if there is anything else to do with it! Thank you in advance!!!

·
4,028 Posts
http://www.armchair.com/recipe/amish/amish.html

This is the link in my favorites!!!

Variations 1 and 2 offer little changes to the original recipe. Variation 3 has all the good stuff.... waffles, muffins, brownies, cinnamon rolls, cookies, pancakes, biscuits, cakes..........

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,714 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just checked it out....what a fantastic site!! We looked it over, and the vote went for the chocolate cake. How can anyone go wrong with chocolate cake! Will post the results after we make it! Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
I never put vanilla pudding in mine. There must be variations on the theme.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I made the chocolate cake tonight...big hit! DH said he can still taste a little of the 'tangy' flavor, but it is just the right amount of chocolate flavor. I actually made cupcakes, and ended up with about 2 1/2 dozen good size ones. very good recipe. I am going to try the cookies next I think. Thanks again!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts