Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A cause near and dear to my own heart.... Alzheimer's Disease. Follow this link to sign a petition to get an Alzheimer's stamp, which will lead to $$$ for Alzheimer's research.
http://www.agelessdesign.com/alz-stamp.htm

• More than 4 million people in the United States suffer from Alzheimer's disease.

•One in 10 persons over 65 and nearly half of those over 85 have Alzheimer's disease.

•Unless a cure or prevention is found, the number of people with AD will jump from four million to 14 million by the year 2050. Worldwide, the Alzheimer's Association reports that an estimated 22 million individuals will develop Alzheimer's disease by the year 2025.

•There are 19 million caregivers and family members of someone with Alzheimer's disease.

•37 million people in the United States know someone with Alzheimer's

•We're on the brink of a cure and all that is needed is additional funding for research.

•We here by request that the United States Postal Service Issue an Alzheimer's postage stamp that will also help raise money for Alzheimer's research.

·
27,948 Posts
Another great cause. To watch someone you love have their thoughts and memories slip away is such a sad thing. I'd love to see a cure for this too.
Thanks Amy.:heartsm:

·
Registered
15,917 Posts
Thanks Amy, I signed up! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts