Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay lately I have been having this nagging feeling like something is not right. It started a while back, and I have talked to other people and they say they feel something similar. I don't know what it is, the weather seems off, etc. I just have this nagging feeling like something big is going to happen and I am not prepared at all. I have started stockpiling food, hard to do because of my fixed income. I have started getting things like extra blankets etc. I have made a list of things that I need to get still.
I have had this feeling several times before and something has happend. It started when I was a kid I would tell my mom that something didn't seem right and something huge would happen.
It happend before 911, The tsunami in 2004, The ice storm of 98 etc. I know it sounds crazy, but it is this feeling that I need to prepare for something and the longer I wait and am not prepared the worse the feeling of prepare prepare is.
Is anyone else have this feeling?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have been feeling something thats for sure but not too strong...

I also felt strange just before 9-11 and the terrible bus fires here in Victoria in 2009.

I am not sure if it means anything and I hope it doesn't...it just seems that every death and tradegy seems to be warning me of something greater...

I like trying to be an up beat person and not make decision based on negative assumptions about the future...I just try to enjoy everyday as best I can and that is I think the best thing I can do!

I hope it is all in our heads!

·
19,119 Posts
While I am not having any feelings like yours, I would definitely listen to your feelings - you are having them for a reason.

Reactions: crafty73

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
I haven't had a feelings but now you are starting to freak me out!! I do believe that some people can have strong feelings of impending doom. I never discount anything like that.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Okay lately I have been having this nagging feeling like something is not right. It started a while back, and I have talked to other people and they say they feel something similar. I don't know what it is, the weather seems off, etc. I just have this nagging feeling like something big is going to happen and I am not prepared at all. I have started stockpiling food, hard to do because of my fixed income. I have started getting things like extra blankets etc. I have made a list of things that I need to get still.
I have had this feeling several times before and something has happend. It started when I was a kid I would tell my mom that something didn't seem right and something huge would happen.
It happend before 911, The tsunami in 2004, The ice storm of 98 etc. I know it sounds crazy, but it is this feeling that I need to prepare for something and the longer I wait and am not prepared the worse the feeling of prepare prepare is.
Is anyone else have this feeling?
I'm with you Rhiamon! I don't see things getting better as far as the economy, crime, etc. Natural disasters, terrorist attacks, sickness can also happen at any time. These are very scary times we are living in. My husband and I have been approached in parking lots at stores many times with people coming up to us and asking for money. You never know when you will be robbed, shot, or attacked. You could be out anywhere and never make it home again.

The way I stay prepared is by putting all my trust and faith in God. God has always answered my prayers, maybe not always when or how I thought he would, but he always answers them. I do keep a nice stockpile and I am trying to build it up more as I am able to. I am not only stockpiling food and medicine, I am stockpiling blankets, clothes for the kids, etc. when on a good sale.

The only other thing I need to do is make up my emergency kits for the house and vehicles. I am trying to work on those right now.

If anything bad does happen, I want to be able to take care of my family. I would also try to help anyone else that I could without jeopardizing my own family first.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Go with your gut. I was supposed to be in the air on 911 but I flat out refused to go on the trip. Everyone thought I was some kind of nutso woman until ... Now, if I tell people I have a gut feeling and refuse to do/go/whatever, they listen.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I really do get it. I just told my dh and oldest daughter 2 days ago that I feel like something is in the sir. Just not right. It's hard to explain without sounding like a stark raving maniac but it's a feeling of doom. Like I am just waiting for something bad to happen. I feel the need to ramp up the stockpiling and make sure we have medicine and emergency suppllies on hand. Honestly I have tried to think back to the beginning of the this bad feeling. I think I have traced it back to the morning I woke up and saw that N. Korea had attacked S. Korea. We are so wrapped up in the politics over there and the war games etc. that are going on makes me nervous. The recent bombing in Sweden was a bad sign to me as well. It also does not help to know I am in a suburb of Detroit and Detroit is a main terrorist target now. My Husband works in Detroit and it's every man for himself there everyday so thats scary to. My husband will get an attendence bonus in two weeks and I will be using some of it to buy some extra water for the stockpile and canned foods. I dont really talk to anyone about this stuff because like I said I dont want people to think I am crazy but I can't shake the feeling either. Surprisingly when I mentioned it to my dh and dd the other day my dd (15) said "Yeah I kinda know what you mean Mom. Like the Heebie Jebbies, I have them quite a bit lately to . Like I should stay home or pretty close to it." Hopefully it will pass soon.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
I had a big feeling of dread. The next day hubby had a kidney stone attack and the family all caught a bad cough that we have not gotten rid off. So my bad feeling was personal not global.

Now I just feel like something is going to be taken away. Not sure what but that might just be the still sick feeling, like health taken away and the lost of the festive atmosphere. or it might be because of the weather.

Also feel that nearly everyone starts to feel the need to prepare, stock up settle in when winter weather starts to come probably back from our cave men or pioneer days when we didn't have nice warm houses and had to prepare for winter.

·
Banned
96 Posts
No joke I just opened this thread to read it and simultaniously on the TV they are talking about "Intel: al-Qaida planning holiday attacks." Quite frankly they don't have any concrete evidence of specific threat but I wouldn't put it past these sick twisted freaks to do something like this.

WASHINGTON, Dec. 16 (UPI) -- Information from Iraqi authorities indicates al-Qaida is planning suicide attacks on the United States and Europe during the holidays, a U.S. official said.

The official said the threat report is being taken seriously, adding that there is no intelligence indicating a specific or credible threat against the United States, CNN reported Thursday.

Iraqi authorities obtained the information from captured insurgents, the U.S. official said.

The official indicated the United States is watchful, especially during the holiday season, particularly given what happened last Christmas Day, when an attempt to blow up an airliner over Detroit failed.

Another U.S. official told CNN, "We are looking closely" at the information from Iraq.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
OK, you guys are freaking me out.

:nerv2:

I have been trying to be CALM for the first time EVER at Christmastime,......... and also my sons fly back and forth to home (often landing in Detroit) for the holidays.

I'm gonna go frost cookies and pretend I never read this thread.....:skept:

·
Registered
223 Posts
As a paranormal enthusiast...I read a lot about different paranormal type things, especially the 2012 stuff, lol.

I have also felt an overwhelming anxiety almost that something is going to occur and I need to be prepared for anything. At first, I attributed the feeling to freaking myself out, reading all that stuff about 2012 and the like.

Then, I thought it might have to do with having a child now...for his sake, I feel like I have to be prepared for anything, and have spent the time since he was born working on a stockpile of food and supplies.

I just don't know anymore. Lately, the feeling that something is going to happen has been even stronger than usual. Last week, I felt an overwhelming urge to clean and organize. I organized my emergency supplies, and took inventory of food and other essentials.

Our household has been hit with a nasty stomach virus, followed by this snow storm, and we've been completely prepared, so maybe that's what the anxiety was about. I'm HOPING so, anyways.

·
Registered
397 Posts
As a paranormal enthusiast...I read a lot about different paranormal type things, especially the 2012 stuff, lol.

I have also felt an overwhelming anxiety almost that something is going to occur and I need to be prepared for anything. At first, I attributed the feeling to freaking myself out, reading all that stuff about 2012 and the like.

Then, I thought it might have to do with having a child now...for his sake, I feel like I have to be prepared for anything, and have spent the time since he was born working on a stockpile of food and supplies.

I just don't know anymore. Lately, the feeling that something is going to happen has been even stronger than usual. Last week, I felt an overwhelming urge to clean and organize. I organized my emergency supplies, and took inventory of food and other essentials.

Our household has been hit with a nasty stomach virus, followed by this snow storm, and we've been completely prepared, so maybe that's what the anxiety was about. I'm HOPING so, anyways.

I feel for you, we had the stomach virus during Halloween, it was with us for two weeks. I hope everyone is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I have had a uneasy feeling. Each time I turn on the news I brace for it. I know in my own little mind there's something that's going to happen. Not just here on American soil, but elsewhere. Just recently Sweden was attacked. It was small as far as attacks go, but someone lost their life. ANd wether it's one life, 100, ot 10000, it's a life lost and a family facing tragedy. I can't quite put my finger on it but I feel something is going to happen soon.

Maybe it's just the media skewing my thoughts with the constant barrage of images. I don't know. It could be my own dread over our small family's financial and health safety. I'm not sure. But something doesnt feel...right.

So, no, I don't think you are alone in those feelings.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
Actually I've felt this way for awhile now, but like Missy mentioned, I attributed it to our own financial circumstances. After what we've been through/still going through, I don't know if I can ever say that we've prepared well enough to stop preparing. :( So that may really be all there is to my feelings.

I was talking with my Sister not all that long ago and even she said something about feeling the need to be prepared with extra blankets, food, medical, etc. So it's not just us here on this board.

Strange that I've also felt an urgency to declutter and get organized.

What does it all mean? Maybe nothing, I hope nothing. But after these past 3 years, when I felt for sure we were more then prepared, I don't ever want to just "hope" for the best.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Strange that I've also felt an urgency to declutter and get organized.
Same here. We went through the kids room a few days ago. We have now started on our closet. It's strange. Right now, I just can't get rid of clothes unless they are beyond repair.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
One thing that bothers me about it is I feel like the U.S. is going to experience mass starvation soon and no one is going to help us out. You can choose to believe that or not, but it bothers me to think of what I think of as "my" people suffering as I'm fiercely patriotic! I love my home and my fellow countrymen! Don't want to see anything happen to us...not that I want it to happen to anyone else either. You know what I mean...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, as you can see I am new here. I tend to read the postings of others and "learn" from them. I'm not much of a "poster". On this topic, I think I need to share. I know a LOT of people personally who are having the same feelings. Everyone has a strong urgency to get more food into their homes. They feel strongly the need to have seed to grow their own food and the canning supplies to put it up. Then if finances allow, follow up with other supplies from extra blankets, clothes, medical supplies, to hand tools. To prepare to live as the grandparents did in the old days. None no why they have these feelings. They just KNOW they have to act and do that ASAP.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To continue, (sorry, hit the send) I read a lot of forums and I research a lot of information. I have found that religous leaders, govt. officials,(Official govt. sites are saying have at least 3 days worth of food in home and so is the Red Cross site to name 2) and the average Joe are all stressing the need to get food. I don't know why everyone is having these feelings other than it is my feeling our Heavenly Father is sending his spirit to touch people so they can get ready for whatever is coming our way.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person experiencing this. I've been stocking up on food, water, and things for the house. I have really been stocking up on clothes for my kids, jackets a year in advance and such. I know some people would laugh at me, but there have been so many people who have not been able to get clothes for their kids this year it seems like. I'm trying to really start take care of business.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.