Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my SIL got engaged awhile ago.....months ago! Well this is going to be her second marriage,she and FBIL both have sons from previous "deals" and her friend is having an engagement party for them.Its like a major shin dig I guess......no kids,silver statrionary invites...LOL!!Well my point is......I think its silly and really have NO desire to go to this thing.Baseball will be over so I will have NO excuse not to be there.What do you think?TIA!!!
Denise

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
You know for yourself what your reasons are for not wanting to attend.... You have to do what you feel best about doing, I hope it isn't something that will cause hard feelings.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmmmm.......I think thats why I don't want to attend.A bit of hard feelings towards her and some recent decisions she made.Even hubby said he hoped it was a weekend we were busy. Maybe I am just be selfish,a tad jealous? We didn't have an engagement party...............noooooooooooo thats not it!!!Thanks for letting me vent:)
Denise:angel:

·
27,948 Posts
Is it worth alienating them? It does sound goofy the way they are making such a big fuss. :toothy:
I guess unless she has been a miserable person I would go and be pleasant. You'll get fed , have interesting stories to tell later and people will remember that you were a wonderful asset to the shower. Not that you weren't there and make up all kinds of wild stories as to why you didn't come. Have fun with it! :)

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka TraciBob
1,840 Posts
You can look at it as a night out with free food and drinks. You don't have to even really talk to them much if you don't want to. They will so be busy with everyone else, that you can just hang back and relax. That way you put in an appearance, and you won't cause hard feelings. Plus did I mention the free food? :D Good luck.

·
Registered
33,846 Posts
This could be a very touchy situation for you and your hubby. If he feels strongly about not going and hopes that you will be busy that weekend, then maybe, just maybe you should be. If you really don't want to go and will be uncomfortable with it and hubby doesn't want you to go either, then make some plans so that you are busy. I've declined social engagements given by family before if I didn't feel comfortable with it. We didn't even make my SIL's 3rd wedding, but did host the small family only wedding shower later. I also organized and ran the shower for her second wedding come to think of it and really hated doing that because I didn't like the man she was marrying (I knew he was abusive to her). I did it more for my MIL than anyone else.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well thanks you guys!!! You are right!!I talked it over with DH and he said we will go and make an appearance but maybe we will be a little late since the kids have to go to a sitter. Thanks again:)
Denise

1 - 7 of 7 Posts