Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.durgan.org/ShortURL/?CQFOZ 2 February 2009 Amaryllis(Hippeastrum)

Amaryllis (Hippeastrum). This plant has seven flowers, three on on stem and four on the other. It was a gift at Christmas, and bloomed from just a bulb in less than a month.

The blooms are inspiring during our long Winter season. A much needed moral booster this Winter in particular, since it has been long and rather dreary.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
Beautiful! I love amaryllis.

I have one posted on my photo album here on FV. I believe it's the title page. I've been dying to have another. The one in my album is from a few years ago.

Thanks for sharing :)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Those are so pretty! When I worked in a bank years ago, I grew one every winter at the drive in counter, since it had great sun! I haven't had one since I left there though.

I should get one for my house, to brighten things up!

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Wow. I should get some of those and put them in the new glass standing vases that DH brought home from work. They would look fantastic in my house. :)

Are they hard to care for? I suck at the whole "making sure they have enough water" part of flowers.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
Beautiful Durgan! Michelle sent me two bulbs (also red) planted in a basket and mine is blooming now, too. :D

I have mine near a window and water once a week.

Reactions: MomToTwoBoys

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Very beautiful! Thanks. :)

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
ShopRite had them on sale for $1.99. I bought one and am waiting for the bloom to open. I really enjoy having colorful blooms in the winter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts