Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Images by photographers of the Farm Security Administration/Office of War Information. Some are of the only color photographs taken of the effects of the Depression on America’s rural and small town populations. The photographs are the property of the Library of Congress and were included in a 2006 exhibit Bound for Glory: America in Color.

Captured: America in Color from 1939-1943 – Plog Photo Blog

·
4,028 Posts
Stunning! Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Those were great! Thanks for posting those, Booklover!

·
Registered
530 Posts
In the 80s my Dad worked for the company that owns the carbon black plant where the man in picture #70 worked. He had to go out there regularly to inspect it for safety and environmental compliance. Didn't know it had been in operation that long.

·
Registered
7,747 Posts
The farm auction picture really just hit me right in the gut. I think the couple with the lady in the coat with the fur collar is what really made the impact of that picture.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bonnotsm9, that is incredible! I love interesting tidbits like that. They make history come alive.

For me, looking into the eyes of all, but especially the women is telling. Life was hard, and it shows in their faces.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Times back then were hard, but also easy in away. Back then kids were happy playing with sticks and rocks and going fishing was a big thing. Now families don't spend time together anymore. Sometimes i wish things could be like the past and there are times Im glad we are not.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.