Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you get hooked on this show every year? I like the new judges this year and I just love "Scotty" that deep voice.I saw that they are doing online voting this year but it is not open to Canadians,too bad because I never miss a show.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Most years I do get hooked. Last year was really the first year I didn't watch much at all. I loved the year Adam Lambert was on. I actually went and saw him on his Glamnation tour when he was right down the street from me. Totally out of character for me.

There are a few that I like this year. Don't have the names remembered yet. There are about three that stand out. I do like the counrty guy.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Last year was the only year I didn't get hooked. I have a couple favorites this year. I like Jay Lo as a judge, but Steven Tyler gets on my nerves a little.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I love Steven Tyler.
My favorite contestant is James Durbin. I also like Casey and Paul.
And all the boys actually. The girls, not so much.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Same here. I love James and Casey. Not a fan of any of the girls this year. *yawn*

·
Moderator aka AmyBob
12,038 Posts
I'm a Pia fan. Think she has to win!

Also enjoying JLo and I've ALWAYS loved Steven Tyler!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
wow what happened last night??? I guess I really have no room to question as I don't vote any way. Casey was gonna get the heave ho! I am glad the judges saved him. It should have been someone else that got the lowest amount of votes IMO.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
After Wednesday night I was sure that the bottom 3 would be all girls. I was shocked when Casey was in there, even more shocked when he was the very bottom. What the heck?! I am so happy the judges saved him, even though I think he may have almost passed out. I heard on the radio this morning on Ryan Seacrest's show that they had him backstage with medics afterwards. Poor guy!

Anyway, obviously the judges this season know what they're doing. He shouldn't be going home!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree AmyBoz...I think Pia has a wonderful voice, but I think she is too "fragile" to do the tour thing.

I was really worried about Steven Tyler the first night. He was doing his screamy thing a bit too much, but it seems that the producers mellowed him down pretty quickly. If he would have kept it up, I had intended to not watch it .

I love J-Lo, but I really don't have a favourite contestant.

carol

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
That whole Casey thing was a little weird I thought. But I'm glad he is still there!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
America voted and he was done.With the judges saving him do they think thats going to sway the voting public into liking him now.I don't really get that.There are better than him,so will have to see if he gets beyond the next few weeks.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
America voted and he was done.With the judges saving him do they think thats going to sway the voting public into liking him now.I don't really get that.There are better than him,so will have to see if he gets beyond the next few weeks.
They put that 'save rule' in place when Chris Daughtery surprisingly got cut too early a few seasons ago and was very popular. Sometimes people think their favorite is safe because they are so popular and don't bother to vote. The save is only one time during the top 12 and they made a good decision to save him. If he gets cut again, oh well. I happened to like the new rule put in place because I was crying
when Chris got cut way to soon.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Right, if people still don't vote for him and he gets the boot then it was really what people wanted. At least he gets another chance and his fans know to vote if they really want to keep him on otherwise he will off the show for good with nothing to keep around.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now this week was a surprise.I thought Pia was excellent,but she is gone.Not sure what the public votes are based on,can't be just the singing.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I was very shocked to see that. I thought she would be in the TOP 3. I wonder if the judges regret using their wild card so soon. Don't think she deserved to go home quite yet.

My favorites are: Jacob Lusk and Scotty. Not a fan of any of the girls.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
She definitely didn't deserve to go home yet. Not a fan of the girls this year, but she was by far the best.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The judges were sure shocked.I will be surprised if JLo makes it as a judge,she gets pretty upset,and was vocal about how she felt about the voting public.
I myself think that Paul is getting pretty annoying,just don't see why Pia left before him.To each his own I guess.
This is looking like one of those years that leave you scratching your head.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So we are down to the final two and no one is on here talking! I am new to here. I am shocked as to the last two. I could see Scotty. But Lauren has some growing to do. She is cute and friendly. She does not know who she is like Scotty does. I was sure James would go all the way. My heart is broken. But I will cheer Scotty thru.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts