Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made pumpkin-nut bread today using my Amish Friendship Bread starter. I followed the regular/generic Friendship Bread recipe and added a small can pumpkin and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. I made 3 smaller loaves so I can give them away. I don't know too many people here yet, so I use the starters to bake with and give it away... and it works out ok... because I like to bake but don't need to eat all of it. I have an 70-something gentleman neighbor that I just became acquainted with and he's very appreciative of my baking.

Is there anyone else out there doing friendship breads this summer? I know it's kinda hot but...

·
Registered
942 Posts
A neighbor and I are doing them. In fact, she is out of town this week and I am babysitting her starter. I'm going to have to make 8-loaves on Thursday and have no idea what I am going to do with them all.

Thanks for the suggestion with the pumpkin. I'll have to think of some other creative additions.

·
4,028 Posts
That sounds good. I'll probably get the urge to bake again when it is cooler. I give homemade breads away as prizes at my harvest party and as holiday gifts.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
I did this a while back. I think i'm going to start up again as well. The pumpkin nut sounds really good. I've made banana nut before and also banana nut with some chocolate chips in it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts