Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today a very sad thing has happened. AmyBoz's crockpot has died a horrible and painful death. So I created this thread to memorialize Amy's crockpot. To help her remember the good times they had shared. The good meals it had helped her create with little to no effort.

Ode to a Crockpot:
Dearest Pot of Crock,
oh how you used to rock,
And now you've died...
And I cried.

RIP LITTLE CROCKPOT. We salute you for a life well lived.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I lost mine in November...right in the peak of Crock Pot season. Thankfully, my mom got me a new one in December. Amy, I feel your pain and I'm sorry for your loss :(

·
Registered
3,299 Posts
Crockpot Obit
Shenandoah Valley, VA -- Hazel Crockpot passed away March 6, 2009 after a long battle with a roast. She was unmarried.

Born in Rival factory, Kansas City, MO, she attended Wal-mart Small Appliance college, graduating with honors in 1990.

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
My darling 4 quart crockpot had a run-in with a stove burner last year. She barely escaped with a singed cord. Thankfully, DH is a master electrical tape surgeon and we were able to help her back onto her feet. I am afraid for the next time.

RIP AmyBoz's crockpot. We here at FV will miss you.

Thought of the Day: Don't we have a burial ground, somewhere here in the Village, for our older but well loved deceased household appliances? The way we run things into the ground, you'd think we would!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
So sorry and my condolences go out to AmyBoz.

A friend had a crockpot that you couldn't remove the crock. Her hubby (every the helpful hubby) immersed it in water. Sad to say, he killed it.

I happened to be visiting when she plugged it in and tried to use it. But, alas, it was dead. Knowing how frugal I am and that I am "Miss Fixit" she asked me to try to revive it. Unfortunately I could not.

I did give her husband a lesson on READING the bottom/side of electric appliances. I also told him NEVER to immerse ANY electric product/appliance.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Wow, I don't even know how I would feel or handle that. I've never experienced the death of a CP. *big hug*

·
27,948 Posts
With a little help from the Rolling Stones song Angie...
:cry:
Crockpot, Crockpot
When will those clouds all disappear?
Crockpot, Crockpot
Where will it lead us from here?
With no loving in our souls
And no money in our coats
You can't say we're satisfied
But Crockpot, Crockpot
You can't say we never tried
Crockpot, You're beautiful
But ain't it time we said goodbye
Crockpot, I'll try not to weep
All your food it tasted sweet
I hate that sadness in my eyes
But Crockpot, Crockpot
Ain't it time we said goodbye?
With no loving in our souls
And no money in our coats
You can't say we're satisfied
But Crockpot, I still love you, baby
Everywhere I look I see goodbyes
There ain't a Crock that comes close to you
Come on baby we'll say goobye
But Crockpot, Wasn't it...
Wasn't it good to be alive?
Crockpot, Crockpot
You can't say we never tried

Reactions: Libby

·
4,028 Posts
Hugs to you on the loss of such a wonderful friend and appliance.

My own crock pot was scalped last year when the lid hit the floor. The body continues to rock on though with an aluminum hat to cover the gaping wound.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I seriously wouldn't know what I'd do if one of my two beloved crockpots would take it's last breath. Right now they are sad because my roommate moved out and took their beloved friend slow cooker.
My neighbor is mourning the loss of his crockpot friend. He was washing the removeable crockpot and dropped it and it cracked just like Humpty-Dumpty did when he fell off the great wall.

PS....ya'll are too funny !!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts