Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just making your recipe for dinner tonight and came to the box of macaroni bit.

How much is in a normal box as sold in the States? Maybe you other American gals can help me out here.

I'm figuring about 1lb so I cooked up 450 grams (1 lb) of macaroni al dente and threw it in but

i'm wondering if that was right, or will I need to adjust the other ingredients?

thanks

the thread and recipe are this one http://www.frugalvillage.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=63097

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
my boxes are one lb boxes if that helps.

Amy!! Come out, come out, come out wherever you are!! Olli ollie oxen-free!!

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Missy, I can breathe a sigh of relief then, I guessed right.

It's smelling SOOOOOOOOO good. If it tastes as good as it smells it's a crock pot keeper of a recipe.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget the calories, I swiped a little

and this is a KEEPER!!!!!

yummy.

I was hungry and it kept smelling so good, I nipped a little.

MMMMMMMGOOOD!

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
:D Glad you enjoyed it, and glad Missy answered your question. I've been in the hospital and haven't been around the village much.

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wondered when I posted, thinking you hadn't been around much.

I feel sort of guilty asking a food related question now that I know what you are struggling with.

HEY, I PROMISE!!!! NOT !!!!! to ask anything else till I hear the happy announcement of your baby arriving, and even then I'll give you time to catch your breath.

It's a GREAT recipe BTW and I'm very glad you shared it. DEFINITELY a super keeper!!!!:D

·
Registered
211 Posts
Now I'm going to have to try this :D

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Originally posted by canadian gardener
I feel sort of guilty asking a food related question now that I know what you are struggling with.

HEY, I PROMISE!!!! NOT !!!!! to ask anything else till I hear the happy announcement of your baby arriving, and even then I'll give you time to catch your breath. 
Hey, don't worry about it-- as long as I don't have to smell or see the food, I can talk about it.  :D

Glad you enjoyed it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts