Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Technical Support Sleuth
6,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone journal?

I saw a nifty idea on Pinterest and have decided to start. We Love This! / Start this daily calendar this weekend: Each day you write the year and something that happened that day. #make #calendar #newyear

I've decided to modify it a bit---Z's mom gave me a super cute little notebook in my Christmas stocking. At the top of each page I am putting the date and then writing the year off to the left handside of the page. Then just a brief blurb about the day.

My intention is to get 3-4 years in the same notebook and have a little time warp of sorts, all in one handy notebook.

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
When I was a teen, I did similar on my wall calendar. I'd just write something that made me happy, sad, mad, etc. with a corresponding smiley. Looking back at the end of the year, I was actually surprised to discover that the majority of my days were pretty happy and exact reasons/things that brought me that happiness.

·
Registered
419 Posts
I've kept a journal off and on for years, starting in my teens. Starting in 1996 though, I have been fairly consistent with daily writing. Every so often I miss a stretch - a day or two here, a couple of months there. Mostly, I write daily. For me it is a good way to unwind and, depending on how life is going, vent.

·
19,119 Posts
While I have kept journals on and off throughout my life, I never thought of doing it this way - and I love it!! Shall start today and mahalo plenty for sharing!!

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
I used to write in my journal (hardcover notebook) daily while I was in school. Often I'd write short stories as well as track the day's happenings. In high school, I used a page a day journal to keep track of basic things that happened that day - as well as appointments etc. Since high school, I stopped writing.

My plan is to keep a page a day journal whenever I become pregnant - this way I can reflect back on those fond days and share with my child(ren) later on down the road :)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
They make diaries like that a date listed but space for multiple entries

Five year diaries they are called

I had one in middle school and looked online and they still have them

1 - 7 of 7 Posts