Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.climatecrisis.net

Ok -- so who's seen this movie?? We finally got it on Netflix and watched it last night and it explains everything so simply that dh GOT IT. I swear -- and here he just thought I was crazy reusing water, changing bulbs out, keeping the heat down -- recycling even. I could see HIS light bulb glow. Just thought I'd share the link.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
I like the movie. I loved the part when he was showing about the enviroment, but most of the stuff on his past was really useless. IMHO

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
It's finally On Demand. DH and I plan on watching it soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm glad movie makers finally decided to make something intelligent for the environment. Heard it made some money at the box too. It might just encourage producers to jump into the environmental bandwagon.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I enjoyed it. It was sort of funny - my eco -friendly liberal dh and my very similar self watched it with his family, who think we're nuts :) An eye opening time was had by all :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I watched in on a plane last year, and thought it was really interesting. I think it should be compulsary for everybody to watch it.

I think it's a real eye-opener.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
I just watched it this weekend and found the environmental part to be educational and entertaining. I watched it along with my 7yr old daughter and we have had many interesting and provoking conversations in regard to it.

But, I was very troubled by all of his political and past history references. I found them to be polarizing and to be included in a subject that should be a non-partisan issue was frustrating. To bring up the 2000 election fiasco was unnecessary and distracting considering the importance of the info he was trying to convey.

Has anybody heard about the special coming on Discovery channel this Saturday called "Green: The New Red, White and Blue"? Apparently it is going to be an in-depth look at the different things families can do to affect their environmental footprint.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
But, I was very troubled by all of his political and past history references. I found them to be polarizing and to be included in a subject that should be a non-partisan issue was frustrating. To bring up the 2000 election fiasco was unnecessary and distracting considering the importance of the info he was trying to convey.
My feelings exactly :yeah: but overall, I liked the movie.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts