Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

5,280 Posts
I too am doing the SFG this year. Forum : Square Foot Gardening is their forums which does offer quite a few resources.

I purchased way too much vermiculite but plan on redoing all of the beds in the back yard.

BJ's has a 4x4 raised bed with a section that is higher that I might invest in so I can have more space for carrots and potatoes. I like that I can stack their boxes so potatoes might do very well in the front of the house. For the back of the house we purchased cinder blocks to set into the ground so I only need to dig 2-3 inches deep then fill it with Mel's Mix.

I'm planning on getting out in my garden this week to get things underway. I have my box of seeds that will be started indoors too. I look forward to seeing how this system works.

5,280 Posts
I found vermiculite at a "higher end" garden shop 15 mins away from me. It was $35 for 4.4cubic ft bag and worth it since the next place I could drive to find it was 2-3 hours away.

The service at that store is totally awesome and they keep the course vermiculite in stock or will order ANYTHING for you if they can find it. :D

5,280 Posts
Greebo just took my old 25 foot soaker hoses and cut them down to fit my 1x8 foot beds and my L-shaped bed in the front. I didn't realize you could buy end caps and male/female tips so easily.

Reactions: IndigoMom
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.