Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We did this meal just for fun and found out that it really stretched the meal.

Spaghetti Tacos ( you know like on I Carly)

I made the same amount of spaghetti noddle , the same amount of sauce, same amount of meat. It normally lasts us one family meal.

I cooked it earlier in the day and let it cool. Then warmed it up. Hubby served it in the taco shells. They were Yummy!

We ended up having more than half the pot of spaghetti leftover.

So what would have been 1 family meal with the addition of taco shells became two family meals and some lunches.

It was a unexpected and fun way to stretch a meal.

Reactions: Josephhgoins

·
19,119 Posts
What fun and how frugal!! While it may never make it on my menu (too many carbs) - can see the appeal and smiles on everyone's faces!!

Reactions: imagine

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What fun and how frugal!! While it may never make it on my menu (too many carbs) - can see the appeal and smiles on everyone's faces!!
I did use whole wheat pasta

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
That does sound fun and different. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
8,935 Posts
Thats what I was going to say - sounds freakin tasty but too carby for me. I'd be able to eat one possibly two but then I'd have to fill up on salad or clear soup instead - which necessarily a bad thing either :)

Thanks for sharing this tip with us and confirming it.
(I only learned who Icarly was this past summer too :lol:)

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what I was going to say - sounds freakin tasty but too carby for me. I'd be able to eat one possibly two but then I'd have to fill up on salad or clear soup instead - which necessarily a bad thing either :)

Thanks for sharing this tip with us and confirming it.
(I only learned who Icarly was this past summer too :lol:)
Two was all we could eat and then we were full.

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Sounds yummy! :)

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Great kids menu! Thanks!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great kids menu! Thanks!
Hubby said it was so good and he bragged at work about it that many of them without children are going to try it.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Whats the saying about "the Mother of Invention ?"

I'm not sure if this was a case of " the mother of invention"

It was a case of the children learned about it on a tv show and Hubby read on the net about children asking for spaghetti tacos because of the show.

So he and the children begged for me to make it. So I did.

My youngest says she "hates" spaghetti with red sauce" and puts up a fight when I make it. She loved Spaghetti tacos which the filling is spaghetti made with red sauce. LOL She thinks maybe she does like Spaghetti with red sauce after all.:)

I'll give it two thumbs up one for "yumminess" and one for getting Little Miss to eat Spaghetti with red sauce.

·
Banned
10,457 Posts
Hey, in Japan they eat Spaghetti on bread! Not my thing but if it works....it works. :)

My step-daughter always watches I Carly.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Hey, in Japan they eat Spaghetti on bread! Not my thing but if it works....it works. :)

My step-daughter always watches I Carly.
Ha! I was just coming on to mention that my DD always makes pasta sandwiches. She loves it! Now I need to try those tacos. I have a feeling the boys will love them. They actually liked Mac & Cheese pizza from CiCi's, which I found to be an abomination...lol! But CiCi's is horrible anyway! YUK!

So thanks for posting this. I would have never tried it without somebody else giving it a taste test. :)

Theresa :)

btw...i LOVE I Carly.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Yep, dh makes spaghetti sandwiches. He like cold spaghetti on white bread. Ack! I might eat it in a crunchy taco shell though.

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, dh makes spaghetti sandwiches. He like cold spaghetti on white bread. Ack! I might eat it in a crunchy taco shell though.
Cold spaghetti is something I have never tried. But warm spagetti in warm shells Yum

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ha! I was just coming on to mention that my DD always makes pasta sandwiches. She loves it! Now I need to try those tacos. I have a feeling the boys will love them. They actually liked Mac & Cheese pizza from CiCi's, which I found to be an abomination...lol! But CiCi's is horrible anyway! YUK!

So thanks for posting this. I would have never tried it without somebody else giving it a taste test. :)

btw...i LOVE I Carly.
My son wanted to try Spaghetti on hamburger buns. I told time another time.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Hubby said it was so good and he bragged at work about it that many of them without children are going to try it.
I was just thinking to myself that this is definitely something we (no kids) would enjoy for dinner :laugh:. Thanks for this, always good to try something new.

ETA: I googled iCarly and still haven't the fainted clue who she is :dunce: I still like the the food idea though!

·
Registered
5,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ETA: I googled iCarly and still haven't the fainted clue who she is :dunce: I still like the the food idea though!
I Carly is an children's/preteen show on the station called Nickelodeon. It is a show about a group of friends that makes a web show.

Reactions: Squidge

·
Banned
10,457 Posts

btw...i LOVE I Carly.
We had CiCi's here but it went out of business. Lord knows I tried to like pasta on pizza. :laugh: Even Pizza street is sporting that here now. Ugh!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.