Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my neighbor came by and asked me to make her a birthday card. :D For a male family member of hers. She dropped by at about 8pm...So, I said okie doke, and asked when she needed it by...she said 8 am. Yikes. Hey, a sale is a sale :dollar:. So I got out my stamps, cardstock, beads, embossing powder and twine...began feverishly working on it...and here's what I came up with. I sure hope it is going to work. I didn't have any guidelines to work with. But I like it. I sure hope she does too. It doesn't have any verse inside. I did stamp the back "handstamped by" which is in the form of a circle and inside the circle i wrote my name. For something so fast, do you think it'll work? :)

http://www.frugalvillage.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=313

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I really, really, really, REALLY LOVE it! - Really lol.

It's lovely Melissa! I think I'll have to try one of those!

Oh - Don't you just LOVE those kind of orders! :eek:

BTW - REALLY REALLY NICE card! :)

oh another thought: How did you fix the twine around it? Is it inside the card too? Please do tell so I don't have to stress when I'm giving it a go ;)

·
27,948 Posts
:thumb: They are going to love it!

·
Founder
19,054 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread, but I am curious how much you guys charge for your cards.

I like your card. It's creative. I bet she loves it.

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
LOL Sara, I was just going to ask the same thing.

I think it looks great Melissa! :thumb:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka AmyBob
5,738 Posts
Looks good to me, too!

A friend of mine does sympathy cards for the nursing home (where we work) to send to patient's families, and she said she would normally charge $4.00 each for them. How does that compare to your prices?

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I obviously can't speak for Melissa but here's what I charge:

1 A6 Card (approx 4.2 inches x 5 3/4 inches) £1.50 ($2.42 US)

6 A6 Notelets & Envelopes (size above) £2 ($3.22 US)

A5 Card (approx 8 1/4 inches x almost 6 inches) £2.50 ($4.03 US)

A5 Personalised Card with Insert (size above) £4 ($6.45 US)

All cards obviously are supplied with envelopes and Cellophane bags, some have more work than others reflected in the price. And I try to make up Personal requests too when it's possible.

Hope That's what you wanted to know?

What are you charging Melissa?

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bev the brown part on the front is slightly smaller than the card. The twine is wrapped around this, and then this is glued to the card front. And this way the twine isn't seen inside the card. the ends are taped to the back of the brown part, once it is glued to the card front the glue also helps hold the twine in place.

I have been charging $3.00 (US) a card, and if I can, I have a matching or coordinating envelope with the card. I have no idea what would be a normal cahrge here, I haven't found any handmade cards for sale here to compare with. My neighbor who bought my first cards offered 3.00 a card and it has stuck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts