Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:furious: Just a rant/vent before I loose it!

Well it's been over 2 months since my stepdaughter (16) has had any contact with us. DH told her to call when she was ready to apologize and put the past behind so we can move on. She called this afternoon, DH put her on speaker phone, and things started out fairly well and then all hell broke loose. Once again she starting in with name calling, blaming and basically trying everything she could to hurt me and get me going. I kept my cool, which only made her more furious and she (doing what she always does when she doesn't get her way) hung up :ponder:

:sigh: I wonder how long she plans to keep this up :ponder: We'll be going on 5 months the beginning of March. I wish she would put an end to this drama of hers. It's upsetting DH and in turn making me :fuming:

Ok..... I'm done :)

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
I'm sorry you are going through this. It sounds like your stepdaughter is very immature (even for 16). I wish you luck with this. It sounds like you are doing all you can. I hope she will eventually see that what she is doing is getting her nowhere.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I have gone through this with two of my stepdaughters. Hold your ground - you are doing well and the right thing. That is one of the bright spots for me in the divorce - I will never again have to listen to the filth from their mouths and their little manipulations will stop.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I went through this with both step-kids and I agree that you should hold your ground or she won't show respect later. Always remain calm. That is the hardest part with all the name calling and finger pointing. I just told both that I married their father and that they should understand that both parents are happy now. That I would show respect to them and that if they needed someone to talk to I would be here. But I wouldn't let them mistreat me anymore. That some family functions I wouldn't attend but others I wouldn't I hope she will come around when she gets older, mine did.
My heart does go out to you.

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Yup it happens and it happened to me about 2 months ago and when she started it I walked into the room and heard my dh say" DO you want me to bring Caryn in here and ask her if she said that?" Meaning he knew that she knew that he knew she was lying about a joke I had made to all 3 of our girls--2 of which are my blood children!

She got so mad at him for that she hung up on him.

There was alot more to the whole fiasco that didn't even involve me. It was just a last ditch "OH poor woes is ME" thing.

I never said a word.....you got keep it cool and walk away.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all so much for your replies and advice :) It helps to know that I'm not the only one going thru this :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts