321 - 327 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Meeeee please too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
would like to join..........i live outside city limits soni just got my chicken and would like to learn more been reading sooking up everything i read, started putting some it to good use

·
Registered
30 Posts
I posted a new thread called Urban Homesteading. I'd love to hang out here and see what people are doing, but anyone who has a small space, like me, is welcome to chat with me about it at the Urban Homesteading thread.
I hope eventually to have more land so that I can grow things like sweet corn and have more fruit trees. For now, I have to make do with a small residential lot, but I could learn a lot from this club, so I hope you will welcome me!
One thing I'm considering more and more is getting an angora rabbit, or maybe more than one. I love animals, and I had a rabbit in the past, but it was not an angora. It was a French mini-lop who liked to be petted but didn't like to be picked up. If I get another rabbit, it will definitely be an angora, and I want to get it as soon as it's ready to leave the doe, because I want it to be very tame, as angoras require a lot of grooming.
Part of the reason I'm considering this is that they're so adorable, and I think my cat, once she got past her jealousy, would find the rabbit interesting. Another part of the reason is that I want the fiber. I do hand spinning, so I might save the fiber for myself, but I might also sell it. It's a very expensive fiber.
Living on a small lot in a residential neighborhood, most livestock is out of the question. But pet rabbits are allowed!

321 - 327 of 327 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.