Frugal Village Forums banner
21 - 40 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I would love to join in!! My hubby won't raise animals, but we did plant a large garden and I planted some fruit bushes. I'm hoping to get some fruit trees also. I love learning how to be self-sufficient!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Count me in!!

We currently homestead on 290 acres, where we raise goats, chickens, turkeys, dogs and cats (matter of fact, just butchered several roosters, got about 14 dozen eggs in the fridge, have 9 new baby kittens, about 20 new baby goats, and just put 8 turkey eggs in the incubator yesterday!!!) :) Would love to join this club!!!!!!!!!!!
Blessings,
Ellen

·
Registered
34 Posts
badge plz

i would also like a badge. I am trying to get my husband to let me have chickens for the eggs. We grow lots of veggies and fruit, much is frozen to use all year long. I also get free flowers by saving seeds or asking neighbors for some of thier seed heads. Folks around here, are happy to share. Also I swap on line too. We go int he woods to pull up young trees off my inlaws land. And since my father inlaw raises angus beef, I am well fed there. And these cattle are raised in an open pasture with 60 acreas to enjoy and are never give hormones. They only get meds if they are sick. I try to stretch everything, like groceries ect. I go to rummage sales, after season sales a t mall for clothing. iam just learning to sew. I taught myself to crochet last yr, so I am making a throw for my bed. This is a great forum, hope to learn more! I love the Countryside mag, but can;t afford it and our library doesnt have it. Sometimes I get a card in mail for free issue so I get it. Tara

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Hi homesteadmama and everyone else,

I have been mostly off the board for about the last 9 months or so. But tax season is over and I have a little more time to chat so I would love to be in the homestead club.
My name is Jeanna and as of now I live on a 32 acre farm in the mountains of western NC. We have a garden, 2 rabbits, a goat--soon to add about 6 more, 10 chickens--they aren't laying yet, 15 cows--had 16 last night one died,4 dogs--- a Pom, Boarder Collie, Fist and a mute. I try to can what I can and love to sew and quilt.
I do work full time as of now as does my husband.
Hope to get to know everyone better.

Jeanna:D :paw: :D :paw:

·
Master Dollar Stretcher aka DixieBob
5,451 Posts
I would like to join, although I'm more of a homesteader wannabe, at this time. :)

·
Registered
5,360 Posts
hey Grace, welcome!!!:D

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'd like to join this. I'm fairly new to this site and I keep finding more and more that interests me. I live in a city and can't keep animals but love to try doing thing the old fashioned way.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Add me to the club, please! I have a small 2 acre farm right now, and I'm always looking for ideas and inspiration to make it the best it can be, while I become more self-sufficient and proficient at things. This looks very interesting. What a neat idea!

21 - 40 of 327 Posts