Frugal Village Forums banner
81 - 100 of 327 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Hi everyone,
I'm from northwest BC and although we've not been able to homestead for a couple of years due to frequent moves, we've finally almost settled (looks like on emore move int eh next year :bang: ) then we'll be settled and I can finally have a useful sized garden again - trying to tlak my partner into letting me get an angora goat - chickens again, and... hopefully a baby...

that's my one year plan!!!

babs

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Please sign me up as well.

Thanks,

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
All done!! Welcome to the club. We have a "down on the homestead" thread we try to post at every day. Join in anytime you wish.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
LOL, I couldn't resist and went ahead and posted on the thread.

Woohoo!

(((Hugs)))

Carolyn

·
Registered
260 Posts
Where have I been?? I would like to join also. My husband and I along with our two little ones live on 40 acres in SE Missouri. We have a couple horses and we hope to have some cattle soon. We bought this place in Oct. 2001. It was pretty grown up and run down, but it looked like paradise to us. It was an old homestead abandoned. Just what we were looking for. So we have been busy cleaning it up. Fixing fence, brushhogging, working on the house, clearing, etc. Right now my hubby is building a large shed to move the stuff from the old barn into. Then we're going to build a barn. I want to eventually have some chickens, maybe raise a pig, etc. So anyway.......I think this would be a great place for me to learn about homesteading.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I'd like to join in also, don't have a big farm but do have some acreage in the country.

·
Registered
149 Posts
CJ - can I join this club? I don't have alot of land, or any farm animals, just a small yard, and pets, but I do love to garden and love anything 'homemade'. I just love the idea of homesteading...
Thanks... :)

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Deb you sure can. Welcome.

We have a daily "down on the homestead" thread along with monthly challenges and every now and then contests or swaps.
Have fun!!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
This looks like the place for me. If its okay, I'd like to sign up, too.

I've posted this elsewhere, but we live on 40 acres in SW Missouri -- we certainly are not utilizing it to its full potential. Also, we are interested in self-sufficiency in many areas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi jxlian--I live in sw missouri also on a farm. I live close to Pierce City Mo. Where do you live in SW missouri?
We are trying to be more self sufficient also. Little by little we are working our ways towards that goal
Lauraleah

·
Registered
78 Posts
I'd like to join too.
We only have 2 cats, but live out in lake country.
Hubby and I always try to get by doing it ourselves before we call someone in...and usually everything from scratch.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Debbie...we have a garden too.
It's about 20 x 30. Used to have a bigger one when we had an acre of land.
But this one is big enough to get me lots of canned beans, tomatoes, zucchini, lettuce and other veggies.
Also have some nice wildflowers up there outside the fence.
(We have to fence because of the deer, bunnies, raccoons, and woodchucks. But they do get in sometimes!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Iwould like to join the homesteading club. Thank you :D

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'd love to be part of this club. May I? :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Wow,I can't believe all I am finding on this website. I would love to join this club. I just planted a huge vegetable garden this past week!

81 - 100 of 327 Posts