Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess I know why I got another Discover Card issued, out of the clear blue..............bet it was due to this.

Sounds like a major one and not too much info out there about it ........yet. I read today that they had hit a cab company in NY.........and one other thing....but forgot what.

MC and Visa are "claiming" that they are okay...........yeah, right..........then WHO did they hit????

Got this article yesterday:

Credit & Debit Card Processor Hit by Data Breach

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Drives home the point to watch you ccounts carefully, every month, and check your credit reports regularly as welll! There was a piece on the news recently about theives putting those 'scanners' to get your card info on the gas station swipers- these high tech theives are EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
12,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sigh........... I love the convenience of the cards but security is sure a huge issue.
Yeah........a little scary but guess all we can do is just "stay vigilant"............

It is almost like it isn't a question of IF it will happen.......but WHEN!!

I still won't stop using my credit cards.........but won't start using a debit card either.

·
Registered
6,988 Posts
I use a debit card from the credit union also. I check discover at a least weekly and the online banking daily. Better to be sure :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts