Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It occured to me today when I was using my Sally Hansens' Facial Hair Remover..... Hair in general is a problem for lots of Third Agers. Firstly it starts to fall off of your head to the point to where you're finding yourself reading the boxes of and yes even resorting to buying Rogaine for Women or Men. Secondly, it begins to grow in places that you'd rather it didn't like say, your chin. :bag: So, with Rogaine in your basket you're standing in front of all the hair removing chemicals, 2 isles over at Walmart. I'm thinking if I could only bottle the hormone that overrides all others and confuses those little hair follicles of the human body I would be a possible nominee for the Nobel Peace Prize or some similarly meaningful award.

Any other third agers have 'follicular challenges'? (She says as she adds Rogaine for Women to her next list for Walmart---I swear my hair is getting thinner as we speak! Not a fan of the Charde (sp?) look for myself, anyway so yes, I am publicly proclaiming my vanity for all read). I think I'll get ready for bed now, maybe a few more hours of beauty sleep will make my hair grow back, er, um, on my head.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Try taking B-complex for thinning hair. My beautician suggested it to me and it seems to be working for me. Promotes new hair growth.

For the mustasche I gave up and bought a wax pot. I'm in the vane line. Dye the gray also. Even resort to diet and exercise on occassion.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
OH thank the Lord i'm not the only one!!! I was thinking about heading to the Dr. to ask for help for my hair falling out!!!
You will not beleive this, but last time I was in the Dr.s office he told me to hold still, then proceeded to pull a hair out of my chin!! I thought i was going to die!!!! I have never been so embarrassed!!!
Not only the head thinning,, but have you noticed other places? Man, I thought the hot flashes were enough,,now the hair..
Well at least I feel alittle better,, but i"m sorry, I really know how you feel, Good Night,, well its only 7;30 here..

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:wave:Another one 'washing that grey right outta my hair' on a regular basis.

Yeah that would have embarrassed me too, the dr. plucking my chin that is :laugh:

·
Registered
543 Posts
I can get in on this one. I have the same problem. I jokingly say that the hair has moved from my head to my chin. I hate it. I still have alot of hair but it is thinning on the top in front. The chin problem keeps me busy with the tweezers. I also do wash the gray away too. It seems to be getting more resistant to the color so I have areas that don't color as well.
Thanks for the idea about the B complex vitamin. My luck it would just give me more chin hairs and no more on my head. LOL

·
27,948 Posts
I made Jack swear if I'm ever unable to keep up with the facial grooming, he must do it for me. He said yes, lmao.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I tried that expensive prescription drug -- Vaniqa -- for excess facial hair. (about $50 for a 1-month tube). But it didn't do much for me.

Hate to admit it, but I shave it off.

When Vaniqa goes generic, I might try again.

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
{raising hand in back of room} I admit it too, my hair is falling out of my head. I always had lots of thick healthy hair and then after my accident and my 2 major surgeries in less than a year my hair started to thin and never got back to it's former thick healthy self :(. When I hit my fourties it really accelerated, I am afraid that by my fifties I might be sporting a wig, or heck I might just say darn it all and have a bald head :confused: .

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
My tweezers get quite a workout, I only have 1/2 the head of hair that I used to and the wrinkles! I have really never thought of myself as vain but now at 46 with my beauty fading I am starting to wonder if maybe I was just a little.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well I do color my hair and my hair is thinning..but it was always thin but now is getting worse. I am lucky I don't have facial hair yet but I am checking out the ole face on a daily basis. I think I will try the B vitamin thing...couldn't hurt. Worse than facial hair..it the gravity thing...everything is starting to go south...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts