Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just paid off boscovs charge 902.00 - worked alot of extra this month YEAH.

now i can start hitting the visas which are the Big ones so wont be one a month thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
WOOHOO! :dancing: You are doing an AWESOME job!

Just Look at this folks

BEF- $1000 7/1
~VS- $150 paid off 7/1/10
~Paid cash for much needed new Dell computer $450 on 7/28
~ Macys paid off ...$750 on 8/12/10
~JCP paid off $692 on 8/19/10
~Kohls Paid Off $817 on 9/17
~Boscovs Paid off-$902.16 - 10/28

·
Registered
719 Posts
:yeah: You're hitting 'em hard that's for sure. Way to go :D

Reactions: Momto5RN

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and i want to mention that i am someone who is normally very frugal and has been my whole life.

i wasnt wasting 500-1000 a more a month on groceries or going out to eat or buying electronics etc. my main budget has basically stayed the same .

i know alot of time when people are already frugal you see a stuff getting paid down and think wow what did they waste money on before hand.

In the past 3 years since i started working again- and just the past two years more than my 1 weekend a month job - we had some car issues etc extra money we made went to .

in 2009 we bought and paid off a 9,000 car

in the first half of 2010 we paid off a 2007 car so we could hand it down to my son because it was time for my dh to get a new one ( his work gives him a transportation allowance expects a car under 4 years old- long story )

now i am able to put my extra money to the bills that ran up when i was too sick to work .
yeah !!

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
i know alot of time when people are already frugal you see a stuff getting paid down and think wow what did they waste money on before hand.
I never ONCE think that about anyone here. It is what it is and I have no right to question what anybody did because... I know this is hard to believe... I'm not perfect. :D

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL i was just saying that because on a thread a few weeks back i posted about Daves radio show a few of us were talking about how some get debt free so quickly because they mismanaged so much every month before they started daves plan -or had 3 houses and sold 2 eyc
and we liked/ identified more with the stories where people actually had to do more than just not blow money - they had to work extra- give stuff up most consider normal things to do and had some struggles etc like the majority here do :)

·
Registered
9,916 Posts
Congratulations! You have every right to be so very proud of yourself. Hope everything continues on course for you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Boom! You go girl!

Look at that list that Russ posted above. That is impressive!

Keep the momentum and beat those Visas down!

We're happy for you, proud of you, and can't wait for the next update!

·
Registered
904 Posts
I am first impressed!! I don't think you were being un-frugal before. I think you just really REALLY tightened the belt now and increased your income.

I am also jealous!! At most I get mine down about $500 a month and sometimes less than that.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks everyone i wasnt sure it would happen this month ut it did !!
]since the visas are all alot more it will be quite a while bvefore i post another is paid off - probably not till 2011 ( unless we hit the lottery or get some sort of unexpected work bonus's)
especially since i just resigned my posistion at my one weekend a month job( that i worked extra at in sept and october) but my nerves were shot with that place .!!

will just try to increase my ct load at my reg job

·
Registered
26,302 Posts
Way to go Momto5! :clap: awesome job!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
That's awesome!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.