Frugal Village Forums banner

Another one bites the dust!

Tags
bites dust
1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  handerson2005 
#1 ·
My husband submitted the final payment for our last credit card today!

We still have 2 outstanding debts to take care of, but we're one step closer - and I can (finally) add a date next to the Bank of America AmEx line on our debt kill list that hangs on our freezer.

We switched around the order of our debts a little because this was the biggest monkey of our credit cards, so we left the larger of the Sallie Mae and the car payments to the end instead of leaving this one to the very end (both of which are lower interest).

Next up, kick Sallie Mae out of our house once and for all. Goal - to be done by June 2011.

#6 ·
Congrats! I just paid off my last credit card last night! Feels good, doesn't it?

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! Feels GREAT!

#8 ·
Awesome, great for you, time for a little celebrating I would say.

#15 ·
Well, our target for the Sallie Mae to be done was June... we paid it off today!

Thanks to a tax refund we weren't sure we'd even be getting, the money we had set aside in case we owed taxes, and a bonus, we were able to pay off the loan at a MUCH faster rate than originally planned.

As of today, my husband owns his college degree and Sallie Mae has been OFFICIALLY kicked out of our house for good!

Next up, Toyota. It's our last payment to be rid of before being completely debt free. We will likely have another 2 bonuses to help out with it (husband's company does quarterly bonuses, but we never budget them in). Our target (without the bonuses) is October 2011.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.