Frugal Village Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are having a big problem with rain and the forcast isn't looking good. The ground is over saturated with rain and it keeps coming. Every time it rains, it isn't a shower it's inches. Today the creek has risen fast with projected rain coming and sitting upon us for hours. Small stuff, the corn is done, knocked flat by it & hubby has lost his patience with living here, never seen him so adament about it. Wants to move to an apartment, this month. :rolleyes:

Hoping the next 24 -48 hours finds us without major damage. Creek has never been like this at this time of year before and that rain could really mean major major trouble.
Thanks for all the don't rain vibes you can send my way! :smooch:

·
Registered
15,626 Posts
I'm sorry, Darlene! Can you send some my way?? Seriously, I hope it stops soon and everything will be o.k. :cheerup: You'll be in my thoughts, so keep us posted on how things are going!
no kidding, send it here!

you'll be in my thoughts too, hope it stops real soon.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the dry wishes, I'm hoping it goes to all of you who want it.
Last month was 7.69", this month thus far 6.43. Not sure what fell upstream late this afternoon but it must have been bunches to have the creek rise so much. :dis:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
Keep a watchful eye out Darlene!! Sorry about your corn. Be safe, arid wishes headed your way.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I hope you the rain stops for you soon. :rain: We could really use some rain right now, but it looks like we might be getting some from Hurricane Dolly tonight or tomorrow.

--Michelle

·
Registered
459 Posts
We finally got a little rain yesterday and a much needed temperature drop. We had alot of rain earlier this spring. One three day period where we got 10+ inches and now its been so dry. Send it our way..... my garden could use it.

Debbie in Missouri

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm sorry ya'll are getting waterlogged, Darlene.

Here's sending you all the :sun: that we've been getting. It's so dry here that our trees are dropping their leaves.
Send some of that :rain: our way please!

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
This one really has us worried. The ground is already saturated and there is a flood watch until Friday morning. If we're lucky we'll only need a porta potty:rolleyes: because the septic is flooded. If the worst happens, hill behind us coming down and/or creek flooding our home, well that speaks for itself. We have flood insurance on the basement & it's contents. Not on anything above.
So hard to see Dh so discouraged. Looks like I'll be moving soon no matter what happens, he really is adamant about it.

Optimist in me hopes that the rain is less than they think.
I'll keep you guys posted, off to get stuff off the basement floor. Thanks for the no rain & it'll be ok wishes.

·
Registered
14,689 Posts
:hugz: Darlene, I'm really sorry. I know it must have you tied up in knots. You've gotten almost as much in the past 2 months as our average rainfall is. I sure wish there were a way to divert it to here......Hang in there....be safe most of all.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
Stay safe Darlene..I know how you feel right about now as we have a stream not to far away from our home..it's really scary when you know that there is nothing you can do to stop it..we also have the flood warning till friday here in Columbia County..((Hugs))

·
Premium Member
21,255 Posts
I hope the rain stops soon Darlene and that you don't have any more complications. :hugz:

I can't believe how much rain we've had this summer. My garden is suffering from the lack of sun--my lawn, however, is looking pretty green and lush.

·
Registered
566 Posts
:hug2: I hope the rain goes away soon for you Darlene. Send happy dry and:sun: thoughts your way.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Wishing you well (and good weather!). Also keeping all the Texans about to be hit by Dolly in prayer. We actually could use some water, but having been through a severe flood a few years ago, we know what it means to get too much at one time!

Let me know if I can help in any way.

·
27,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:cool2: Whew, so far so good here! As of this min. we have 4.05 and supposed to rain some more today but nothing like the downpours of yesterday. I've never seen water come off the hill on the otherside of the creek like it did & Jack coming home from work had never seen roads like that. We had a lot of washout and lost a retaining wall but that's nothing compared to what it could have been. A lot of mud & pine needles in places their shouldn't be any and a raccoon print in the mud right at the base of our back door steps.
State of emergency next county over and lots of roads closed with rocks and debris all over. The storm even closed the thruway.
Hoping it doesn't much rain more & our luck holds out. And looks like I won't (knock wood) need that porta potty after all.:toothy:

Thanks for all the good wishes, looks like they really helped us out. Hope others around here can get their lives back together quickly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts