Frugal Village Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbour rents her home and the owners have a ton of things in the garage. They were just there to pick up a few things, along with their boat and she spied this oil lamp and asked how much they wanted for it.

The owner hummed and hawed, but her dh told my neighbour $5.00. She ran and got the money and bought it for me. I have to pay her, but I'm now the owner of another oil lamp.

This one is a real oldie - it even has a handle. It was her grandmothers.

My neighbour is always thinking of me. She is such a wonderful lady and I'm proud to call her friend.

·
Heather Bob
7,312 Posts
What a great deal and a wonderful treasure, I love oil lamps too!! Can never have too many of those. I am happy for you CJ!

Your neighbour is very thoughtful!:smball:

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Oh CJ thats great! I only have 1 oil lamp at the moment, and it has no globe, perhaps I can change that soon.
I love them and want 1 for each room, in case of stroms, we lose out power here frequently but never for long, but still, card games by lamp light are so much more fun that by electric light!

·
Registered
8,337 Posts
Treasures both, the lamp and the friend !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,790 Posts
That is a wonderful treasure CJ. It is such a blessing to have neighbors that we hold dear to our hearts isn't it? I am so happy for you.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts